NGD another Jackson tale of woe (minus the wall of text) - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: NGD another Jackson tale of woe (minus the wall of text)

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I found that wasn't enough, since even wiping down guitars after a gig didn't prevent every single non-stainless piece of a Floyd Rose from rusting. I wound up going with the stainless lock bolts and titanium lock blocks on my black V for exactly that reason.
    People have mocked my, "You can just put a dirty guitar bridge in a dishwasher" technique in other thread, but it works.

I run all my floyds through the dishwasher like, twice a year. Dishwasher, WB-40, back on the guitar.

You guys scrubbing away at your bridges like 16th century peasants are way behind the times, throw it in your whirlpool or whatever.

There is literally no good reason why you can't put guitar hardware in the dishwasher.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    People have mocked my, "You can just put a dirty guitar bridge in a dishwasher" technique in other thread, but it works.

I run all my floyds through the dishwasher like, twice a year. Dishwasher, WB-40, back on the guitar.

You guys scrubbing away at your bridges like 16th century peasants are way behind the times, throw it in your whirlpool or whatever.

There is literally no good reason why you can't put guitar hardware in the dishwasher.
    Ultrasonic cleaner or GTFO.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ultrasonic cleaner or GTFO.
    I've personally found that method to be too costly to be justified on anything short of the finest Italian Acrylic.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

So, if you're not displacing the water, what are you doing with it? What does the "B" mean?
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

I've personally found that method to be too costly to be justified on anything short of the finest Italian Acrylic.
    I use it on my mountain bike chains. They're about as expensive as a vintage guitar these days, so I suppose they count.

ME: PRS
    MB: VM Jazz
    Rig: JCM800

I wear hardware on any instruments I own if I play them remotely regularly. See: all the guitars I've gigged, ever . But I don't feel compelled to disassemble the bridge and give it a CLR bath - mostly due to reassembly and setup.

OP, what's the ETA on getting your new guitar back?

ME: Gibson LPC
    MA: Taylor 214ce
    MB: '87 Spector NS2
    Rig: Mesa WD800/B'faced F10

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Always possible. There's a certain wear pattern, though - lots of clearcoat nicks and scratches, hardwear rusted in the right places, etc. - that clues you in, at least to a degree. This logic doesn't apply to everything - but if someone bought a mid-level $1.5K guitar like an Edwards Kiko and played the hell out of it, it's probably a good guitar. If someone bought a $10K PRS and it looks immaculate, well, mine would, too. It's a different thought process.

If an LP Standard has a repaired headstock and has been heavily played after the repair, for example, it's probably a good guitar.
    This, exactly!
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What about belt buckle rash? Asking for a *friend.

*Glenn Danzig
    Yeah, that should've read *belt buckle
    Argbadh - RHLC©