I hate ESP's decision to go with "E-II" on some models. - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I hate ESP's decision to go with "E-II" on some models.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Agreed, they are just the standard series, I own a 2005 standard horizon II and itsca great guitar, my first really nice guitar. I've considered a few e-IIs since then but the logo is a real turn off. The reality is that it's just ESP making sure that if you want ESP on the headstock you need to put up 3.5k minimum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

That guitar but with an ESP logo? Hmmmm, think I might have seen one somewhere...........

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

I have no idea what ESP is doing from a marketing perspective.

I will say, judging by the last few I've played, that the LTDs from Indonesia have passed the Korean ones. I played the new Buz-7 (Indonesian) that was every bit as good as the E-II I played a few minutes later, and maybe just a touch below the ESP I played after that - but it was close.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Location: Ybor City, Tampa Bay, Florida, United States, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Dimension C-132
    ME: Ibanez RG9
    MA: Ibanez RA100
    MB: Ibanez BTB7E & BTB7F
    Rig: Fortin Nameless + NTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have no idea what ESP is doing from a marketing perspective.

I will say, judging by the last few I've played, that the LTDs from Indonesia have passed the Korean ones. I played the new Buz-7 (Indonesian) that was every bit as good as the E-II I played a few minutes later, and maybe just a touch below the ESP I played after that - but it was close.
    I JUST bought a new (old) guitar, but also have SG hunger from going off on recent a psychedelic/stoner/sludge binge (but I won't touch a post early '80s Gibson SG), and this looks here looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick at that price point: https://www.espguitars.com/products/...lack-metal-2nd Baritone scale and everything, so I don't smash my hand into the headstock as it's been forever since I played any child-sized guitars. Satin neck too. ESP are on it, IMO.
    Last edited by Variant; 12-18-2019 at 01:07 PM.

ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

Venator, all of the Japanese sig series guitars are custom shop builds so there is no wonder why all the ones you played are better. Those are all like $5000 guitars.

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

I own an E-II V. It doesn't bother me too much, because I know it's an ESP. Now if they would have made the V-II in white in any other series except E-II or the 50-series LTD, that would be cool.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    That guitar but with an ESP logo? Hmmmm, think I might have seen one somewhere...........

Should you ever decide to part with it, I'm your huckleberry.

ME: ESP Baby Metal
    MB: ESP Horizon 5
    Rig: KR7, 5153, MKIV, UL

People were starting to import ESP standard guitars into Japan so ESP forced name change since people expected custom shop quality from "ESP" guitars. That's about all there is to it lol.

I've seen a lot thrown around about how the standard series are made in LTD factory and then finished at the ESP factory but who knows if that has any truth to it or not. Either way how a guitar is finished (paint, binding, frets, etc.) is pretty much the only difference between a high end and low end guitar anyway so really it doesn't matter much where the body blank was made on a CNC. Theoretically high end ones have "selected tone woods" but we've all played 4000 dollar guitars that sounded like complete shit so this is not really that valid.