I hate ESP's decision to go with "E-II" on some models.
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate ESP's decision to go with "E-II" on some models.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I hate ESP's decision to go with "E-II" on some models.

I hate it. It's stupid, and I hate it. Because this is awesome:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-Guitars...53.m1438.l2649

And if it said ESP on the headstock, I'd buy it. I know it's a ridiculous reason not to buy a guitar, but ever since I was like 13 years old I wanted an ESP. They were the guitars that young Chris's guitar heroes played. Lynch, Hetfield, Hammett, etc.

No kid ever dreamed about someday getting an E-II. It sucks and I hate it, and everyone at ESP should feel bad for this stupid fucking idea. Because it sucks. Unlike this guitar, which would be fucking awesome if not for the headstock.

/rant
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I hate ESP's decision to go with "E-II" on some models.-l1600-jpg   I hate ESP's decision to go with "E-II" on some models.-l1600-2-jpg   I hate ESP's decision to go with "E-II" on some models.-l1600-1-jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson
    Rig: EVH 5150, 6505mh, Mesa

That thing looks like riff machine though
    Just a speck in the spectrum

ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

It’s been years. Get over it Chris. lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 1 of 2
    MA: "Smokey"
    Rig: Peavey XXX

I get it.

There aren't many guitars I'd want to own from my impressionable years, but a Jackson Soloist is one of them (Black, HSS, 3 toggle switches, light rosewood fretboard, with a Kahler no less). If I saw one that said J-II on the headstock, I would definitely dry-heave once or twice before the rage set in.

ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

I understand the frustration, but much like the voice of Donald Duck, climate change and the Ebola virus, the EII label has become one of those things I've just accepted about the world.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

No one's ever explained that to me. I've seen those E-II guitars for years and years and years now, but I'd assumed they were higher grade than "LTD" but lower than "ESP." If they're NOT lower than "ESP," then what's the reasoning for the E-II on the headstocks?

The way I understand it is that aside from just existing to make me have to add "-LTD" and "-E-II" to all of my ebay searches, they're the higher end Japenese spec ones. So I think it's it's LTD then E-II then ESP is the USA stuff. Or maybe ESP is the Japanese stuff?

Or something like that.

The good Eclipses used te be ESPs but now they're E-IIs. The LTD ones (which I'm not trying to shit on here) aren't bad but they're like Schecter C1s. Decent wood, mediocre rosewood neck, etc etc. I'd like a white Eclipse but I don't want an LTD or an E-II, so the actual ESP ones are harder to come by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I get it.

There aren't many guitars I'd want to own from my impressionable years, but a Jackson Soloist is one of them (Black, HSS, 3 toggle switches, light rosewood fretboard, with a Kahler no less). If I saw one that said J-II on the headstock, I would definitely dry-heave once or twice before the rage set in.

Exactly. Nobody who grew up idolizing Hendrix ever said "someday I'm gonna grow up and get myself a sweet Squier". And nobody who grew up on 80s thrash wants a fucking E-II.