Fender HM Strat REISSUE!!!!!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fender HM Strat REISSUE!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Have you owned an HM Strat? The Special isn't exactly my first choice, but it's better than the Kahler Spyders that came on the original ones.

Not to say I don't like Kahlers, the Killer can hang with OFRs, had one of those on a Zion, but the Spyder isn't great.

Also the, "........a reissue of the ’80s shredder model from California." past of the article isn't strictly correct. There are both MIA and MIJ HM2s. If you are buying one used you are just as likely getting an MIJ one, if not morseo.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Hopefully these aren't basswood as well, didn't see that in the article, hopefully they switched to alder, even though the originals are basswood.

Good to see they got the 25" scale correct though. A lot of people don't know the originals aren't 25.5"

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Too many knobs...

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

Looks like these are also gonna be MiJ.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Also the, "........a reissue of the ’80s shredder model from California." past of the article isn't strictly correct. There are both MIA and MIJ HM2s. If you are buying one used you are just as likely getting an MIJ one, if not morseo.
    Has it ever really been confirmed that there were USA ones at all? My impression is that they were all Japanese-made, with maybe some final assembly happening in California. Fender USA was basically defunct when most of these were made.

I had one I bought used in 1992, and it was a power shred machine. The only reasons I've been loathe to get another are the Kahler Spyder and that all the ones I've played in recent years are beat to shit. If this reissue is a faithful reproduction of the neck etc., then it's very tempting. I know that Fender doesn't want to step on the Charvel brand, but making the HM Strat into a real production model again would get a thumbs up from me.

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Hopefully these aren't basswood as well, didn't see that in the article, hopefully they switched to alder, even though the originals are basswood.

Good to see they got the 25" scale correct though. A lot of people don't know the originals aren't 25.5"
    I do. Which is why I've never wanted one.

Short scale superstrats belong in the fucking sea, along with electric cars that try to look sporty and aggressive.

If it's any shorter than 25.5" it needs to look like it was a tree less than a week ago, and/or be a set-neck Gibson model. I don't know why, this is just how it is.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    Short scale superstrats belong in the fucking sea, along with electric cars that try to look sporty and aggressive.

If it's any shorter than 25.5" it needs to look like it was a tree less than a week ago, and/or be a set-neck Gibson model. I don't know why, this is just how it is.
    Fine. I'll take em all if you don't want em..