Jackson 2020 - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson 2020

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

I checked Thomann for close-ups of Ibanez, LTD, Solar... They all look great.

Close-ups of Solar from their own website:

Also please don't just "they just photoshop to make it look great" .......

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Because Routing does not influence the playability in any way and "fixing" those issues takes time that they dont want to spend on.

As long as the Neck Pocket is fine the rest of a slipped Routing here and there is a nothing.
    If the fretboard radius is fucked its definitely gonna affect playability

The nut slot may not be cut properly.

A lot of these things that we cannot see on the pictures might be issues.

The routing of bridge and pickups is the EASY part of building a guitar.

Making nut slots and fretboard radius is not easy, so from looking at the pictures, I wouldn't trust these guitars based on what I can see

You are misreading what I wrote.

I didnt said its fine I said they dont influence the playability in any way.

Of course one expect Nuts and Neck and Frets to be more than fine. My RG 550 had rough fret ends for example and its a MIJ Guitar...

The SoCal I had was perfect Neck and Fretwise, but wasnt not perfect on the Neck Pocket, there was a tiny tiny gap like most Fender also have. My Indo made guitar don't have that issue either, especially the super super cheap EVH Wolfgang Standard.. that we almost dont need screws since the Neck and Pocket are so damn tight.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

I understand that.

I say that if I see that there's a big crack across the screen on a brand new car, I'm not trusting the quality control on the rest of the guitar, BASED on what I clearly can see, and the manufacturer doesn't even try to hide.

Look... The cheapest JS series are all straight and nice looking, and so are USA Jacksons.

This misrouting issue seems exclusive to Pro Series Jacksons.

Of course I wouldn't buy a car because I DONT HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE but that's besides the point, if somebody is gonna point that out!!

USA Jackson: ALL NICE!!!! Very straight and nice edges!!! No lousy shit! Applauds to whoever routed this guitar, a real master of the routing bit!

This is INTERESTING!

The Ibanez RG550 Genesis!

As you can see.... The routing looks perfect (big applauds to the router person!)

BUT THE PICKGUARD PERSON SCREWED UP A LITTLE , that's weird!

The USA Jackson Costs 3-4 or 5 times more than the Mexican one... there a reason for it and no its not the Woods and all that bullshit they feed you. Its attention to detail that takes time and time equals money especially when the person being paid earns much more than the one working 16 hour shifts on the Mexican Factories (Or Indonesians for that matter).

If you want a super perfect in all senses guitar then get a Custom Shop. That's why they are expensive.