Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I just meant that it's a little weird that a dude who never plays a tele has a signature tele, but Nuno is Nuno so right on.
    Dude it's a classic identity/existential/midlife/decrepit rockstar crisis move, trying to reinvent yourself by getting a signature model of a guitar you've never played and acting like you've been doing it all this time.

Dave Mustaine does it once every two years.

Most notably when he pulled the old, "I play white explorers as my signature model now, those aren't taken right? I can claim those as my guitar identity, it's not like someone I'm affiliated with is incredibly famous for having white explorers be their identity."

George Lynch has also done it several times. Notably with the incredibly hideous commercially available ESP/LTD GL-600V.

That wasn't even enough for George Lynch, that ran concurrently with the ESP/LTD GL-600FB which was a baritone model signature George Lynch signature guitar seemingly designed exclusively for playing songs angry about how Mountain Dew doesn't make Mountain Dew:Code Red anymore and talking trash over xBox headsets.

The "reinventing yourself by playing a tele" thing has been semi proven to work, by Richie Kotzen, the human equivalent of pre distressed denim jeans. Who started playing a tele to transition from "an entirely forgettable shrapnel shred dude famous for playing in Poison" to "an entirely forgettable 'legitimate artist who plays the blues' who writes music for gap commercials".

Considering that, at best, Nuno Bettencourt is only slightly less insufferable than Richie Kotzen, it makes sense.

They even both have the same little "I am a badass guy who does badass things" nostril ring to remind you that they only date people 30 years their junior and practice their smoldering looks in front of mirrors.

Personally I will only buy this model if it comes with feathers. To remind you that even though he is an overrated 80s shred guy, he has deep ties to Native American mythology. Like Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora, two other guys who are pretty much the Sitting Bulls of their time.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

^ Holy shit
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

NuNOPE Bettencourt
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Personally I'm always surprised that his signature guitars don't come with Ralph Lauren or Calvin Klein signature colognes.

Every picture of Nuno looks like he really wants to sell you a signature fragrance.

This dude just really wants to sell you some shitty perfume advertised with a tagline like, "A heavy,pheromonal blend of sandalwood and myrrh that will transport you to a realm of sensual licks where it's always night and the only mode is crippling narcissism".

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Thanks to Bon Jovi, every glam/hair guy has to go through their fuckin' cowboy phase.

ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

Supposedly a new Extreme album is in the bag and Nuno says he used this guitar on it. We shall see.

ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

I also would buy a Nuno signature fragrance. Lol