Today in "Conflicts between two parties, both equally unlikable"
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Today in "Conflicts between two parties, both equally unlikable"

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Today in "Conflicts between two parties, both equally unlikable"

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gib...ultra-v-design

I really want to see Gibson fail (more than they already are), but not if it means Kiesel comes out victorious.

I also really want to see Kiesel fail (more than they already are), but not if it means Gibson comes out victorious.

This is a tough one. I don't know who to root for. Is it possible for both to lose?

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

If Jackson hadn't bothered to sue Carvin way back in the 80s for the mirror image Rhoads ripoff, then what the hell does Gibson think they're doing.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Hartke HyDrive 2

Tough choice indeed
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

Saw thread title and immediately thought "Keisel vs. someone djenty". I got it half right anyway.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    If Jackson hadn't bothered to sue Carvin way back in the 80s for the mirror image Rhoads ripoff, then what the hell does Gibson think they're doing.
    To be fair though, until Gibson or a non Kiesel party confirms this is happening we have no way to know what is really happening.

Like that time that Jeff Kiesel made this huge drama about how someone had broken into the Kiesel factory and stole 13 of the greatest Kiesels ever in what could only be considered the most heinous heist of the century and he was offering rewards for Kiesel fans to take justice into their own hands....

.......and then it came out that by "broke into the Kiesel factory and stole 13 of the most premium Kiesels in a daring heist" Jeff Kiesel actually meant he willingly sent 13 Kiesels to a sketchy European distributor who never paid him, which is not exactly the same thing as a heist at the Kiesel factory.

Or, for that matter, that time Jeff Kiesel made an instagram post bragging about how he was banned by every airport car rental agency under the sun from renting cars because he was "too badass". And then it was revealed that by "too badass" Jeff Kiesel meant that he was on the "do not rent to" list at a number of airport car rental agencies owned by the same parent company because he had a history of returning them with the seats covered in shit and fast food wrappers, which is not exactly the same thing as being "too badass".

So it's possible since that the only announcement that Gibson is suing Kiesel in what could be the legal case of the century comes from Jeff Kiesel, it might mean this is another zany Kiesel scheme to create drama and look cool and that is not exactly what's happening.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Sorry buddy, one post is my give a fuck limit about Kiesel.

ME: USA Strat/LP, TAM10
    MB: Ibanez SR305
    Rig: Randall Satan

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

The more Gibson engages in ridiculous lawsuits the more likely it is they'll lose their control over these shapes, which is really a win for everyone. There may be a very bright future where ESP brings back the MX because Gibson screwed up and lost the Explorer design.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate