Road Flare Red RGD... Yes. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road Flare Red RGD... Yes.

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

Yeah a few companies have been using it in lieu of ebony for quite a few years now. Looks good.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Axe Palace limited run.

I bet you regret asking that question.
    Eh I have no issue with Nick. Good for him for hustling hard enough to make that place take off.

I'd play the guitar in the OP. I hate trems, I love RFR and I love ebony. There's just no way I'm spending two large for an Ibanez.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

All of the axe palaces ltd ibanez runs have been pretty tasty so far.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Eh I have no issue with Nick. Good for him for hustling hard enough to make that place take off.

I'd play the guitar in the OP. I hate trems, I love RFR and I love ebony. There's just no way I'm spending two large for an Ibanez.
    Yeah at that price I'd just buy a couple 7621s and another guitar.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Axe Palace limited run.

I bet you regret asking that question.

$2.5k seems pretty steep. But $209 a month for like........twenty months or something is the deal of the century.
    Why is the purple one with what looks like a 7-string Lo-Pro, like, $500 less?

Some of the early Axe Palace runs were just north of $1500, which put them within a few hundred bucks of an 'off the rack' Prestige price, which is tempting for a limited run. Pushing $2500 is a different market.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: ESP CS Horizon 7s
    MA: Taylor
    MB: Dingwall NG2
    Rig: ENGL Invader 100

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I appreciate that, I really do. I never quite understood why there was animosity to begin with certain folks here for me, but that's life. Hope you're all doing well in these crazy times we've living in.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Why is the purple one with what looks like a 7-string Lo-Pro, like, $500 less?

Some of the early Axe Palace runs were just north of $1500, which put them within a few hundred bucks of an 'off the rack' Prestige price, which is tempting for a limited run. Pushing $2500 is a different market.
    The reason for the price discrepancy is the Purple Neon is based off an RGD3127, which is a lesser expensive $1799 model and the RFR is based off the RGD7UCS which normally is $2299. Due to the custom options we add Ibanez charges a couple hundred bucks extra, so it is what it is. I wanted to offer an RGD run at a lower price, so I asked them to do an RGD3127. You'll notice the mass production RGDR4327 is more than any of our runs. It's a bit moot now as our satin RFR run is already sold out anyways though, people really dug those.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Yet it’s a huge double locking bridge that’s a bitch to intonate. They literally kept the worst part of a Floyd while ditching the fun part.
    It's actually a simple hardtail string-thru bridge. It's the Ibanez "Tight End-R" bridge. You might be confusing this with the bridge Mick Thomson uses on his Jacksons, which is like a Floyd Rose but locked in. This bridge is about as simple and easy to setup as any.
    Last edited by zimbloth; 04-10-2020 at 12:49 AM.