Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Ola gave me wood.

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Rev Drucifer 
#1 ·
Immediate erection when I saw this that hasn't gone away yet.

I've been waiting for an E-type Solar 6-string with an Evertune for a while. I didn't even notice the matte black one that came out previously, but that's fine, because I'm a sucker for raw wood finishes. My next guitar was supposed to be another Strat or a Tele, but fuck it. I got fucking tingly when I saw this pop up in his FAQ this morning.

:metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep, recessed knobs on everything. While I dig ToM's, I wanted an Evertune. Next to a Ken Lawrence, this thing is my ideal Explorer. I'm really anxious to get my hands on this thing and thankfully, I have some extra money coming in over the next couple months that'll allow me to purchase this. I'll try to get pics before it's covered in jizz stains.

#15 ·
To be fair, proper Explorers are fucking huge.

To the point that Gibson themselves also did a downsized redesign with fucked up angles, just because "real Explorers" are too big for most people.

That's what the "E90" designation means, ~90% of the size of a "real Explorer. There's a reason people are always like, "Explorers are so cool, I wonder why you don't see more of them".

That's pretty much everyone's reaction picking up an E2 for the first time. "Holy fuck, this is a massive guitar".

E90 for reference.

#16 ·
That's fuckin' sweet! I get what you're saying and I could have saved this whole discussion by saying E-shape, but one more Explorer got exposed to me so it's only a bonus. And yes, Kelly's always reminded me of a shape you'd see on Rockstar Barbie.

#19 ·
You can actually tell how close something is to the Explorer vibe by where they have the to strap button usually.

Real explorers have it on the side. If it's on the back of the heel it's not a real Explorer vibe. It's just a generic superstrat type thing made to look like an Explorer.

Kellys are like that. You can even move the top strap button to the right position and it won't fix it. A real Explorer has its own perfect balance.

#25 ·
I like a lot of the Solar guitars (most of them, really), but for me personally if I was getting an Explorer it would have to be shaped like an actual explorer, not a pointier derivative. And I'm definitely also one of those guys who thinks 2 humbuckers and a floyd rose in a Tele shape ain't a Tele :) I'm glad everyone likes this one though, Ola deserves the praise he gets for all his hard work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.