I bought something v.7DyingFaults - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I bought something v.7DyingFaults

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Naw, if I go through the hassle of replacing the guard, It'll be for a 3-ply black one with the white center.

It's hard to nitpick the mirrored one being tacky when the guitar has fuckin' abalone pyramids and a big eyeball on the face of the body. This thing is like straight out of an Elton John video.
    Just keep the tacky mirrored pickguard, it makes that model iconic. Also, I find it funny you just purchased a Universe, because I was thinking of purchasing one, was actively searching through the different models to choose one, then saw 7DT's and then saw your thread. So there's something cosmically a foot here, or we just spend way too much time online in each others' presence here

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Just keep the tacky mirrored pickguard, it makes that model iconic. Also, I find it funny you just purchased a Universe, because I was thinking of purchasing one, was actively searching through the different models to choose one, then saw 7DT's and then saw your thread. So there's something cosmically a foot here, or we just spend way too much time online in each others' presence here
    The latter is definitely true. 7DT made me buy mine, you totally need one. #tackyUVbros

We can start a band over Zoom or something, with matching UVs and codpieces.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

This thing is like straight out of an Elton John video.
    No it doesn't.

It would need to be like a ZZ top furry guitar only with a feathered boa instead of fur to be an Elton John aesthetic. As it stands now it looks more like a Morbid Angel music video.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

The latter is definitely true. 7DT made me buy mine, you totally need one. #tackyUVbros

We can start a band over Zoom or something, with matching UVs and codpieces.
    I'm down with codpieces

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Elton John had a mirrored piano dude. That's what I'm getting at.

If you weren't being your usual poseriffic know it all self, you'd know that. GTFO, you aren't fabulous enough for this thread.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Elton John had a mirrored piano dude. That's what I'm getting at.

If you weren't being your usual poseriffic know it all self, you'd know that. GTFO, you aren't fabulous enough for this thread.
    I googled "Elton John mirrored piano" and it was like, "Yeah, he played that once, in 1973. During his cocaine years, specifically so he could do lines off it."

So yeah, I got schooled, you didn't strike me as a "Obscure Elton John Trivia, the boa on the first half of the 1978 world tour was flamingo pink, everyone knows that" kind of guy.

I'm making a mental note right now to not make any smarmy Fleetwood Mac related comments to Chris, because he probably also has an encyclopedic knowledge of Stevie Nicks's shawls.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    I googled "Elton John mirrored piano" and it was like, "Yeah, he played that once, in 1973. During his cocaine years, specifically so he could do lines off it."

So yeah, I got schooled, you didn't strike me as a "Obscure Elton John Trivia, the boa on the first half of the 1978 world tour was flamingo pink, everyone knows that" kind of guy.

I'm making a mental note right now to not make any smarmy Fleetwood Mac related comments to Chris, because he probably also has an encyclopedic knowledge of Stevie Nicks's shawls.
    30 Seconds of Google is how you come up with 99% of your other obscure music facts that you spew from atop your High Horse of Poserdom, so it's good to see you keeping the streak alive. At least you've got yourself a sweet band name.

Now it's proper.