Kiesel Drama - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiesel Drama

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    No excuse for the company owner being a knob, but people should be used that by now. Classic example of a guy inheriting a business he didn't build and then running it into the ground.
    Yep. Great comment from the YT video:

There used to be a saying in business school:

The 1st Generation builds the business.
    The 2nd Generation grows the business
    The 3rd Generation ruins the business.

Can we guess which generation we're on now. Few family businesses survive the 3rd generation of owner. I wouldn't be surprised, if, after several more of these displays that Jeff doesn't cash out & sell Kiesel to a private equity firm. Maybe he can stick around...roasting fingerboards or something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

I was reading about this on 7 yesterday. What a complete and total shitshow.

This is Ed Roman levels of douche-baggery.

I totally would have sent that guitar back as well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

My favourite part was him flexing having never seen the inside of a gym in his life.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

I didnt see pics in the sso kiesel megathread, so this one is even better.

I would feel worse for the buyer, but surely they've heard the horror stories. Probably assumed it wouldnt happen to a loyal customer (cant fault their thinking there).

But they will still get orders.

ME: n/a
    Rig: n/a

The customer didn't complain that the neck wasn't dark enough, he complained that the fretboard wasn't dark enough. And while you may not be able to tell a tree to grow darker wood, the tree didn't mate that fretboard to that neck.
    Words I didn't say hurt my feelers... but this is my safe space.

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    I didnt see pics in the sso kiesel megathread, so this one is even better.

I would feel worse for the buyer, but surely they've heard the horror stories. Probably assumed it wouldnt happen to a loyal customer (cant fault their thinking there).

But they will still get orders.
    Unfortunately true. Sales/profits will shrink and people will get let go but Jeff will go on and on about how they are the best they've ever been. I certainly miss the old carvin days. DC727s used to be one of the best 7 string guitars for the cash especially if you were after a specific sound. I regret not ordering a walnut/walnut one before I lost all desire to send them some money.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

I'm fine with Kiesel sticking around. I know people who own Kiesels. Kiesel and Kiesel owners deserve each other. In spite of rampant douchebaggery, businesses like that only exist because the demographic who buys them will always be there, far beyond that, the demographic will always be pretty fucking huge. If Kiesel goes away, we risk that spot being filled by someone else arguably less entertaining than Kiesel.

I love how one of the options Kiesel gave the customer was "3) We're gonna refund you, part ways, and never sell you another instrument". (didn't see where this happened verbatim, I guess there were several videos at this point) and people think that has caveats. That is a perfectly good option. Albeit Carvin had been known for their weirdly devoted cult like following before Kiesel though, though it was in a different demographic.

Kiesel's entire premise is giving you the cachet of much more expensive "custom options painstakingly handcrafted in America by the finest masters in the business" guitars for 1/3rd of the price. If you can't tell that premise doesn't hold up to scrutiny, it's honestly not all Kiesel's fault you are spending money on stupid shit.

To the outside observer this situation is somewhat confusing, because it just seems like, "Buyer ordered ugly Kiesel, buyer received ugly Kiesel". I assume the specifics were in it not being the right variety of ugly Kiesel.

ME: EBMM/PRS
    Rig: Kemper

Oh god... The whole beginning of the video was bad enough.
    But that part at 9:20 was the icing on top of the douchebag cake.