Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiesel Drama

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Kiesel Drama

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...#post-30366357

Since we're all in quarantine, enjoy.

Wanting to bring attention to a situation over on the Kiesel Facebook page.

A dude ordered a roasted maple neck and roasted fingerboard and the thing got delivered looking brown neck and white fretboard. Not at all like the pictures or what you would expect. He raised this and was basically told to go away.

The company was asked about it by another user on their live stream and the owner, Jeff, dealt with this is by berating the guy who's guitar it was by calling him a whiner and a baby etc... The guy has had many Kiesel/Carvins over the years. This is such crappy behaviour. Especially for a loyal customer.

There was a 500 comment post on FB talking about this that Kiesel just deleted and the just now another post has started that is kicking off. I'm sure that post will get deleted too however I wanted to bring this to the attention of the wider guitar playing group that isn't on a platform that is run by Kiesel. If I could figure out how to get the picture of the guys guitar on this post I would, I have it saved on my desktop. If anyone can help let me know.

I think Kiesel make awesome guitars, I've been eyeing off my first build for a long time however now I know how the company is run it's making me think that I can't support this type of person and company when there are a lot of other smaller builders who would look after their customers. This may seem small or trivial but if I'm buying a custom guitar and it comes to me clearly wrong and the owner of the company then insults me on a live stream after I've just given him $2K....come on....

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kiesel
    "We gave the guy 3 options
    1) Keep the guitar and quit whining
    2) Send it back pay the restock fee, and get rebuild a done
    3) We're gonna refund you, part ways, and never sell you another instrument"
    TLDR: Customer ordered a guitar, it was not what he wanted, Jeff Kiesel decided the best way to handle the issue was to insult the guy on a live stream.

Why on earth anyone gives this moron their money is beyond me.

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn/Hiwatt

Kiesel guy being a knob?

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

3:00

5:30 in the video for a glimpse of Jeff being a douche on livestream to the customer, who has "over 20 carvins, and 9 Kiesels".

On the left, normal maple fretboard. On the right, roasted board Kiesel called the guy a whiner on a livestream for not being happy with.

What the customer paid for/asked for/etc was for the board to match the headstock:

ME: Bowes Nightbringer 7

Well this photo has found it's purpose.

Hey Jeff - here is a neck with figured roasted maple and figured maple laminated together.

Those TOTALLY look the same.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Back when it was Carvin and they were relatively inexpensive, their policy of somewhat lax quality control with a (relatively) generous return policy made sense. The guitars are more expensive now, and the quality control should be raised to match. If they can't deliver highly customized instruments reliably, then they should go back to just having a more limited options list like Carvin did.

No excuse for the company owner being a knob, but people should be used that by now. Classic example of a guy inheriting a business he didn't build and then running it into the ground.

ME: Bowes Nightbringer 7

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    Back when it was Carvin and they were relatively inexpensive, their policy of somewhat lax quality control with a (relatively) generous return policy made sense. The guitars are more expensive now, and the quality control should be raised to match. If they can't deliver highly customized instruments reliably, then they should go back to just having a more limited options list like Carvin did.

No excuse for the company owner being a knob, but people should be used that by now. Classic example of a guy inheriting a business he didn't build and then running it into the ground.
    They put the side fretboard indicators on the wrong side of the fretboard and delivered it to a customer once.