Metal Guitarist Forums banner

New SOLAR Bolt On Neck :)

Tags
bolt neck solar
14K views 127 replies 34 participants last post by  1 
#1 ·

Around min 27 +/-

7 string on the video but Ola said Solar is announcing them today (maybe more models?)

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
the HS doesn't surprise me but its awesome to see. I remember watching a video a while back maybe a few months ago where he said he'd be happy to see ibanez release an RG HS model like they used to make. these new models look great. still waiting for an X shape though lol

#11 ·
HS design is awesome! :flex: and the roasted neck is 3-piece too: even better. I don't see any other competitor offering that.

If this opens up possibility for 1x HUM 1x VOL versions I'm gonna be excited :lol:

Totally not buying into the "snappier tone" stuff tho :flex:
Easy test: record clip A with screws, then remove them and glue neck and record again. I doubt any difference worth caring about.

The main reason we have guitars to begin with is to ROCK OUT and not examining their navels.

#12 ·
HS design is awesome! :flex:

Totally not buying into the "snappier tone" stuff tho :flex:
Easy test: record clip A with screws, then remove them and glue neck and record again. I doubt any difference worth caring about.

The main reason we have guitars to begin with is to ROCK OUT and not examining their navels.
Bolt Ons and we can modify neck angles at will and even replace them... Sets Necks or Neck Through... yeah good luck buying a new guitar ;)

#45 ·
That's why I was suggesting the poll.
YES. A poll!

If someone really wants a color its a paint shop away. Nobody makes a guitar that fits everyone.... if I was that particular Id just build one. Ola will sell a ton of these even if they arnt in every crazy RG color imaginable.
Nobody makes a guitar that fits everyone, but I guess nobody (at least the majority) wants to disassemble their guitar and go to a paint shop with it. Of course, Ola can't come up with every color out there, but there's a few "safe values" out there me thinks. Like black, white, clear, red, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.