(BGD) Jackson B7 Custom Shop 28'75" monster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (BGD) Jackson B7 Custom Shop 28'75" monster

ME: Jackson B7 CS
    Rig: ENGL Sovereign 212

(BGD) Jackson B7 Custom Shop 28'75" monster

I've actually had it for a while already but wasn't sure if it was a keeper or not. Here she is in all her bizarre glory!

You might recognize this one. It's been shifting hands lately due to shady sellers not disclosing some slight cracks on the higher frets of the fretboard. Having a soft spot for oddball guitars, I snagged it when I had the chance. Although a plain looking black guitar at first sight, it's got plenty of surprises...

It's supposed to be a B7, but after comparing it to my other B7 it was clear it was longer. Meassured it and... 28,75" scale. No wonder it felt massive! After researching a bit it turns out that this guitar (and her red hardtail sister) were conceived as some sort of "guitar/bass hybrids". Serial number is actually G7BASS. No kidding.

The neck pickup is actually an EMG35CS bass pickup, moved towards the center to mimic a bass pickup location. It's also equipped with an EMG BTC control, so you can "make it sound like bass". As dumb as this concept is, truth is it sounds pretty good and the BTC is awesome.

Red tortoise shell binding and Jescar EVO gold frets. Very nice looking combination. Red accents on the headstock are pretty cool as well.

Boring back shot. Control cavity is actually half the size of the cover, which although I think it's a good idea if you're stuck with those huge covers, I have very little space to snug another battery in there.

The guitar is full mahogany, and obviously quite heavy. I thought it was going to be too tight on 09s but it's actually perfect. It plays amazing and sounds huge. The EMG35CS compliments the EMG 81-7 quite well, as it sounds very percussive and agressive as well. The EMG BTC deserves its own thread, and thanks to it can sound tight and surgical without any OD in drop A despite of being full mahogany.

Overall a very different instrument to what I'm used to, but pretty fun. It has become my "practice guitar", as its a bit of a workout to play compared to the rest.

I also think I might leave the EMGs on this one. Maybe replace them with Q-Tuners eventually to try something new (and with aesthetics to match).

Bonus family pic!

Last edited by Emperoff; 07-19-2020 at 04:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson CS KE2
    MB: LTD Surveyor
    Rig: Diezel Einstein

Feel like I should be excited by this but can't see any pics
    call me on 911 (USA) or 999 (UK) for poser disposal services

Quote Originally Posted by BStobart View Post
    Feel like I should be excited by this but can't see any pics
    Huh. That's odd. I can definetely see them. If no one can see them I'll reupload them or something...

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Emperoff View Post
    Huh. That's odd. I can definetely see them. If no one can see them I'll reupload them or something...
    Just tried quoting and realised it was because you used Facebook embed, don't think we can see them because of privacy or something

Quote Originally Posted by BStobart View Post
    Just tried quoting and realised it was because you used Facebook embed, don't think we can see them because of privacy or something
    It worked well in other places, but I'm fixing it just in case. They should be working now!
    Last edited by Emperoff; 07-19-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Yes I see it now and what a score! That's a seriously cool axe, congrats!

Would be really curious to try something with a scale that long, given that I always find 7 strings to be really floppy on the bottom end.

Edit: Also, how do you have it tuned?
    Last edited by BStobart; 07-19-2020 at 06:07 PM.

ME: Ibanez PGM100
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: 5150III

That is awesome!

ME: Ibanez S540LTD
    MA: Taylor Big Baby
    Rig: Laney GH50L

Thats pretty fuckin sick
    R.I.P. Guitars Etc
    RHLC Chief Promotions Officer