Siggery Heresy on eBay - Worth a go? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Siggery Heresy on eBay - Worth a go?

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
    I had a Siggery Heresy for a short while. It was a great guitar, no issues with its quality at all. I didn't get on with the flat top and almost total lack of contouring anywhere, and found it a little uncomfortable compared to my RGs. I bet there's nothing better about a genuine Blackmachine, though. Bet nobody could tell the difference in a blind test. If you want that shape/style, the Siggerys are a good way to get one at a reasonable price.
    He's alive!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
    I didn't get on with the flat top and almost total lack of contouring anywhere, and found it a little uncomfortable compared to my RGs.
    This was an issue for me on the older gen PRS SEs too. I never realized how much I like an forearm contour until I owned a guitar without one.

ME: Jackson Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ExDementia View Post
    I don't know anything about that company, but I would 100% take a chance on that for the price. It looks fantastic. That scarf joint is a thing of beauty
    Yeah I'm seriously tempted. Seems like it could be too good an opportunity to miss out on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    What about the Ormsby copy thingamajig???

Attachment 27770
    These are gorgeous, but so much more expensive and 90% of them are fanned fret which I like but I don't really want a fanned 6 string

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Calling Cobra Commander.........he just got one and we've been talking about it in DM. I've never played one but I did know Marty Siggery back in the 90's, he's extremely talented (and one hell of a bass player too), so I would expect it to be a pretty good guitar and probably a steal at that price.

ME: SIggery Heresy,
    MA: Some old washburn
    MB: some Vintage bass
    Rig: Mark IV, axe fx std

Feel free to pm me.

Don't take this as gospel, but I think these are half finished bodies being bought by a friend of marty siggery, and then finished and sold on.

The hardware is generic Chinese stuff, no names, plastic nut etc. The body was very roughly sanded, and smelt of fresh tung oil when I picked it up - so no way was it a 2011 model or whatever he said.

It's worth it for 500, but you will want to upgrade the hardware. You might also want to sand it down and give it some more oil if it was as rough as mine. I also took about 0.10 inches off the neck profile as it was a baseball bat.

Sounds great though.
    I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

ME: SIggery Heresy,
    MA: Some old washburn
    MB: some Vintage bass
    Rig: Mark IV, axe fx std

Also, I can't confirm, but the neck seems to be made of mahogany but with oak strips bizarrely.

Edit: don't see this as a too good to miss opp. He lists another one of these every few weeks.
    Last edited by Cobra Commander; 07-31-2020 at 10:42 PM.