Elixir users - recommend me some gauges

Thread: Elixir users - recommend me some gauges

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Troy Sanders Jaguar
    Rig: AX8

Elixir users - recommend me some gauges

So I swapped over from Dunlop Heavycore to Elixir Optiweb strings back in the beginning of 2018. Partly down to every damn pack of Dunlop strings I've ever bought having rusted before I opened them, partly because I've been playing less and having coated strings means I need to change them less often.

Problem is Elixir don't make any Optiweb sets heavier than 11s - and the 11-49 set on my D-standard tuned SE 245 are too thin. I use 10-52s for my standard tuned guitars, so I thought it would be an issue, I just didn't want to go through the hassle (and expense) of making my own sets.

So now I'm trying to work some gauges out for a 12-56 or 12-60 set. Problem with that being you can only get Elixir plain strings in .018 and .022, nothing in between, and the 3rd string of that 11-49 set is... a .018. Normally I'd just go by the gauges in the 10-52 set and add .002 to them, but I can't in this case.

So any suggestions in terms of gauges? My current thoughts are 12-15-22-36-46-56, but I'm not sure if the 15 would be too thin in comparison to the 22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Charvel Strathead
    Rig: Laney Ironheart

I always build sets using this: https://tension.stringjoy.com/ , then just get the gauges I decide on in Elixirs. The 22p is gonna be a huge difference from the 15, can you handle a would 3rd? The 22w is closer in tension.