Whos tried a new fender vinteras modified jaguar?

Thread: Whos tried a new fender vinteras modified jaguar?

ME: RG8w/BKPainkillerBpu
    Rig: TraynorYCS100H2

Whos tried a new fender vinteras modified jaguar?

Ive played nothing but 8 string guitars the past 6 years and really wanted something other than a beastly metal machine ya know.
    Have always adored how jags look and the vinteras modded jag in sea green is probably the most gorgeous guitar ever imo.!
    I know itll just be a matter of getting use to the shortscale tiny 6 string neck but i think the humbuckers will be nice and love that they split as well.

Whos had exp with this new line and whatd ya think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whos tried a new fender vinteras modified jaguar?-fsgefen14981357_0_1_1599016911043-jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Played one a few times. Pretty nice, but I didn't dig on the bridge.

ME: Gibson SG
    Rig: Pedals -> Dark Terror

I haven’t played the Vintera specifically but played the Classic Player (essentially the same thing). It’s an awesome guitar, as MIM Fenders tend to be, but I didn’t dig the bridge either. I had the same kind of bridge on my Squier Mascis JM, too.

It’s not so much that I didn’t like the bridge itself. I found the TOM perfectly fine, even with lots of trem use, and I like how sturdy it is compared to typical Jag/JM bridges.

My big issue was that the bridge has a 12” radius, and the necks are 9.5”, so I could never get the action as low as I wanted. With that setup, the outside strings sit higher off the fretboard than the inside strings.

I don’t understand how that got approved in the first place and why Fender still does it. If they can’t find an affordable 9.5” TOM, they should be putting 12” necks on it, because they definitely make those.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Custom Tele
    MA: Guild GAD F150
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass 24 V
    Rig: Jet City JCA-22H

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I haven’t played the Vintera specifically but played the Classic Player (essentially the same thing). It’s an awesome guitar, as MIM Fenders tend to be, but I didn’t dig the bridge either. I had the same kind of bridge on my Squier Mascis JM, too.

It’s not so much that I didn’t like the bridge itself. I found the TOM perfectly fine, even with lots of trem use, and I like how sturdy it is compared to typical Jag/JM bridges.

My big issue was that the bridge has a 12” radius, and the necks are 9.5”, so I could never get the action as low as I wanted. With that setup, the outside strings sit higher off the fretboard than the inside strings.

I don’t understand how that got approved in the first place and why Fender still does it. If they can’t find an affordable 9.5” TOM, they should be putting 12” necks on it, because they definitely make those.
    I had an argument about how to set the bridge radius of the American Deluxe guitars that were introduced with compound radius with the product manager of Fender Electric Guitars when I worked there. He said it was "semantics" spoiler alert, its actually math, but hey what do I know as a lowly Customer Service rep.

ME: Custom Tele
    MA: Guild GAD F150
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass 24 V
    Rig: Jet City JCA-22H

Also to answer the OP these are 24" scale which is going to feel weird after years of 8 string. Jags look great but I cant play them because of the scale length.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

I have absolutely never liked a single thing about those guitars. Ugly body shape, stupid slider switches, mismatched fretboard/bridge radius, and that awful trem tailpiece. Give me a two hum Strat instead.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge