HS or HSS Mod? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HS or HSS Mod?

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Yeah but I was thinking in making it a Transparent Pickguard and if so I would have to do a full humbucker routing and then it would look like shit with a single coil on it... but this Matte one is making rethink it ahaha. The P90 is also a cool idea hummm... the Duncans P90's are also Noiseless right?
    Eh, if the single was black, and the cavity was black, it might be hard to see.

The Duncan P90's are categorically NOT noiseless . I have the Phat Cat Neck in my mahogany HH Tele, paired with a Custom/59 Hybrid bridge, and the Phat Cat does have some single-coil hum to it, though it's not terrible. Two other of my HB-sized P90's are also not noiseless... a BKP Mississippi Queen in my LP, and a Railhammer Tel 90 in my Warmoth Diamondback.

But! I also have some Railhammer Nuevo 90's which are supposed to be pretty quiet. I have a set on my desk, waiting on a body to install them into

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Eh, if the single was black, and the cavity was black, it might be hard to see.

The Duncan P90's are categorically NOT noiseless . I have the Phat Cat Neck in my mahogany HH Tele, paired with a Custom/59 Hybrid bridge, and the Phat Cat does have some single-coil hum to it, though it's not terrible. Two other of my HB-sized P90's are also not noiseless... a BKP Mississippi Queen in my LP, and a Railhammer Tel 90 in my Warmoth Diamondback.

But! I also have some Railhammer Nuevo 90's which are supposed to be pretty quiet. I have a set on my desk, waiting on a body to install them into

Tks for the info m8

I'm going this weekend to Paris for my Birthday and I will Saturday hit the Guitar Shops street. Its a Street basically with just small guitar shops including the Metal Guitar one and all the super expensive Strats and LPs from the 50s and 60s plus the AMps stores. SO I'm going to target P90s guitars

The street Im talking about although in reality they are basically two streets:

https://www.harmonycentral.com/artic...s-france-r978/

Damn, I wish I knew about that row when I was there. Though, I was only there for 12 hours, so I had to pick my sites carefully . It was a layover, I landed at CDG around 9:30AM and the connecting flight to Munich was at 9:00PM. I bussed from the airport down to the Arc de Triomphe, walked down the Champs-Elysees to Place de la Concorde, crossed the Seine to make my way to the Eiffel Tower, then back up to the Arc to pickup the bus back to the airport

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Damn, I wish I knew about that row when I was there.
    Its a great excuse to visit the city of lights again

But yea Paris is so immense that not even in 1 week we can see "it all". One week is just for the Louvre alone ahahah

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

In 12 hours you can barely get from one gate to another on Charles de Gaulle airport!
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    In 12 hours you can barely get from one gate to another on Charles de Gaulle airport!
    QFT. Too fucking true.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

You should try Atlanta.

So, it actually took me two and a half HOURS just to get OUT of the airport. Granted I had to go through customs, but man... still...

And, because it took so long to get out, I was so worried about getting back to the airport early enough to get to my gate. Flight was at 9:00PM, I decided that to be extra careful I should be back to the airport by 6:00PM to deal with the mess of getting back in. I actually got a little lost on my way back to the AdT and didn't get back on a bus until 5:30PM, I felt I was really pushing my luck. We got back to the airport about 5:55PM, and I rolled through security and got to my gate at 6:05PM.