Can anyone ID this Kramer?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone ID this Kramer?

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Can anyone ID this Kramer?

This was my first guitar, so it's at least a 1988 or older.

- HSS
    - Maple board
    - Hardtail
    - Pickguard
    - Strat style jack

I'd like to find another one but there are a zillion 80s Kramers and I can't seem to find this one. It wasn't super expensive, it's literally the guitar your parents get you to see if you'll actually stick with it before they get you a "real" one.

30+ years later, here I am shitposting with you all so clearly I stuck with it. I'd be super stoked to get another one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can anyone ID this Kramer?-kramer-jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

Looks like a Kramer ZX30H.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Well that was fast.

The only difference I can find is that the ZX30H's on Google all actually say ZH30H on the headstock. Mine just had the Kramer logo.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez PGM100
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: 5150III

I would love to find my first but I have no clue what it was. I just remember it having a knock-off Kahler trem that I thought was the most badass thing ever.

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Well that was fast.

The only difference I can find is that the ZX30H's on Google all actually say ZH30H on the headstock. Mine just had the Kramer logo.
    https://reverb.com/item/26303371-kra...k-parts-guitar

Doesn't seem like all of them did. Either fluctuated between Aerostar, the model name, or no name.

Trying to track down my first three guitars

1.) mid 90's Squier (first mod project and I ruined, routed a handle in it and spray painted it candy-apple red)
    2.) Washburn MG-88 (was dripped on and FR tore out, then body broke in half when I tried to repair it)
    3.) Early 70's Electra Omega (which I got when I was 14 and was just stolen a couple years ago )
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Heh. My first two electrics were a Sears Silvertone, which I could sell for a fucking fortune now but sold for like $30 in 1981 , and a Harmony 12 string that I strung up with just six - surprisingly playable that way. I sold both of them to get one of these:
    Can anyone ID this Kramer?-vintage-1970s-hondo-ii-strat-type-electric-guitar-jpg

Ah, glorious plywood!

As for the ZX 30, by that era of Kramer everything is all over the place as far as labels and everything else. By that point the whole company seems to have been making a sizable dent in the imported Colombian powder, to the detriment of anything actually, you know, making sense.

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Heh. My first two electrics were a Sears Silvertone, which I could sell for a fucking fortune now but sold for like $30 in 1981 , and a Harmony 12 string that I strung up with just six - surprisingly playable that way. I sold both of them to get one of these:
    Can anyone ID this Kramer?-vintage-1970s-hondo-ii-strat-type-electric-guitar-jpg

Ah, glorious plywood!

As for the ZX 30, by that era of Kramer everything is all over the place as far as labels and everything else. By that point the whole company seems to have been making a sizable dent in the imported Colombian powder, to the detriment of anything actually, you know, making sense.
    My Buddy had a Hondo Lukather/roadster Ibanez knockoff that was surprisingly decent.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ