New Guitar + New Pickups: Ibanez RG752FX w/ BKPs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Guitar + New Pickups: Ibanez RG752FX w/ BKPs

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    That's exactly why I love Ibanezes. I HATE baseball bat necks, which Ibanezes are as far from as possible (I've never even heard of an Ibanez with a "baseball bat neck" before).
    First time i had my hands on an AZ model (Tom Quayle and Miller clinic) I got kind of shocked on those Necks... they were fattttttttt feeling to me, after that I got two EVH guitars that have a tiny more beefier necks than Charvels, so in Bordeaux 15 days ago when I picked another AZ which was the Tom Quayle model again I didn't found it shocking at all anymore. But then you pick up a RG 550 Genesis and its like.. man this is the neck!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    First time i had my hands on an AZ model (Tom Quayle and Miller clinic) I got kind of shocked on those Necks... they were fattttttttt feeling to me, after that I got two EVH guitars that have a tiny more beefier necks than Charvels, so in Bordeaux 15 days ago when I picked another AZ which was the Tom Quayle model again I didn't found it shocking at all anymore. But then you pick up a RG 550 Genesis and its like.. man this is the neck!!!!
    I guess I'll also add that while I do have negative feelings associated with "baseball bat neck," I do not necessarily have negative feelings associated with "thick neck" or "fat neck." I see "baseball bat neck" as a kind of insult in kind of the way that calling super thick strings "suspension bridge cables" (or however the phrase went, it's been a while since I heard it). It just depends on how it feels in your hand. And, I mean, my main guitar for a pretty long time way back when was a Gibson Les Paul, which had a somewhat thick neck (and before that, an Epiphone Les Paul, which had a less thick neck, but still thicker than my Ibanezes).

EDIT:
    I ended up finishing work early today and spent 2-3 hours working on a new song, using the new guitar with the BKPs, and yeah, sounds absolutely amazing. Only wrote and recorded the first 2 minutes of the song so far, but looking forward to keep working on this.