You ever play a guitar that has no business being as nice as it is? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 45

Thread: You ever play a guitar that has no business being as nice as it is?

  1. #33


    Join Date: Sep 2020

    iTrader: 0

    For me it's my Squier Bullet. The thing is slightly smaller than a normal guitar, thin plywood body. I always used it to learn how to do repairs and mods so it's a Frankenstein that plays better than a majority of my others.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #34


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: London, England
    ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    Ibanez MTM2. Bought it for 300 squiggles brand new for a tour, turned out to be a really solid guitar with a stupid truss rod cover.

  4. #35


    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Ft lauderdale
    ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

    iTrader: 0

    The "custom" Charvel I bought from Cam a couple of years ago. For $300 it kicks my other Charvel's asses considering the body is plywood.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #36


    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: Madison, WI
    ME: RG560
    Rig: DV Mark/Orange

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    Ibanez MTM2. Bought it for 300 squiggles brand new for a tour, turned out to be a really solid guitar with a stupid truss rod cover.
    Amen to that. When I got mine I compared it to one of the 550 reissues that was 3x the price, and there wasn't that much of a difference.

  7. #37


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Phx, AZ
    ME: Custom Tele
    MA: Guild GAD F150
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass 24 V
    Rig: Jet City JCA-22H

    iTrader: 18 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpintofinity View Post
    The "custom" Charvel I bought from Cam a couple of years ago. For $300 it kicks my other Charvel's asses considering the body is plywood.
    I was going to say the same one. That neck is awesome. The pickups are great and the body is ply Whatever it sound 10000x better than a bunch of my more expensive guitars.

  8. #38


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Woodbridge, VA
    ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by CM_X5 View Post
    For me it's my Squier Bullet. The thing is slightly smaller than a normal guitar, thin plywood body. I always used it to learn how to do repairs and mods so it's a Frankenstein that plays better than a majority of my others.
    I’ve got a buddy with a Squire Tele that smokes. Makes zero sense.

  9. #39


    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Location: Portugal

    iTrader: 0

    My cheapest one... EVH Wolfgang standard Tom bridge. Its butter, much better fret job than my Japanese RG 550 (like all my EVH´s) and it cost me 290 euros new.

  10. #40


    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

    iTrader: 0

    For me, it's my 2 Talmans. They aren't even the prestige models and they go neck in neck with my MIJ RGs in build and sound, I use them all the time. The tele copy in particular has an amazing neck.

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge