Metal Guitarist Forums banner

2021 ESP Guitars Preview

17K views 116 replies 32 participants last post by  playstopause 
#1 ·
ESP has a lot going on for 2021. Rocka might be happy with the snow white variants and moar Evertunes..

Kind of tasty:

See less See more
#6 ·

this one is HOT. White (not snow white, but I'll let it slide), reverse headstock, and the block inlays, which are the GOAT for me. the Floyd is the only thing holding it back for me, but it's not totally a deal-breaker. the only thing is that the E-II with a TOM and reverse headstock is still available and would probably be preferable to get.

this one is similarly nearly perfect. if it had a reverse headstock i'd buy it yesterday.

#12 ·
I agree but I'd caveat that with let's see some esp guitars under 4.5k also
If they would just change the fucking name of the E-II's back to what they really are, which are ESP Standards, it wouldn't be a problem. The E-II's are a great value and really well made, but...........fucking E-II. It doesn't bother me too much, but I can 100% why it would bother others. You're spending $1600+, you want a fucking ESP.

#23 ·
Yeah, I'm not dogging the quality of them. I've played a few and they are great. I just hate the stupid fucking name, especially since I can't filter more than one thing on Reverb. So I can search "ESP not:LTD" and I get a zillion E-IIs, and if I search "ESP not:E-II" I get 500 assholes selling their "ESP LTD". :scream:

It's the same with searching PRS and trying to filter S2 and SE. Reverb not allowing multiple search exclusions makes me rage at the world.

#50 ·
E-II or no E-II label, I really want a Horizon. I've always wanted one, ever since I saw Page Hamilton on the cover of one of the guitar mags, and thought it was the coolest looking guitars ever.

I'd rip out the EMG's though, and put Fishmans in there.

This one's more like Page's, except there's just no way I can swing $4100 past the missus, without getting a black eye or two:

#66 ·
I think the Eclipse isn't meant to compete with the Les Paul, they're just guitars with a similar shape. They're thinner/lighter/shreddier. I'd love another one and this damn thread's going to make me overpay for one, I know it. :lol:

I'm regretting not grabbing that Edwards now, it was only like a grand.

#67 ·
Tone-wise I'm sure I'd like the thicker body more, but I find the thin Eclipse way more comfortable than an LP (that's one of the main reasons I got the SG). It probably wouldn't be a huge deal if I was skinnier. :lol:

I've only played one Edwards but loved it. They've been on my bucket list for a while. I really dig all the crazy stuff you can get on the Japanese market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.