NGD- Another Useless Piezo Edition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD- Another Useless Piezo Edition

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

NGD- Another Useless Piezo Edition

This showed up the other day, but needed some time to settle in since it came from Ishibashi. I haven't given it a proper tidy yet, I'm waiting for some locking tuners to show up before I give it the treatment. Either way - it's in pretty good shape for an 18 year old fiddle. It plays really well but the frets definitely need some love, it has an insane bout of fret sprout that I'll probably end up taking to a pro to fix.

The usual stufd: mahogany body, maple neck, boring rosewood. The pickups are "Killer Guitars LQ-500 and Dyna-Bite" which I've never heard of, but they sound pretty damn good so I have no plans to swap them. The mini switch does mag/mix/piezo, and it has a coil tap as well. I hope I never ever have to work on the electronics on this thing.

Anyway, here's the "it never actually looks like this" shot:

And what it really looks like:

I always liked the VV finish and this actually popped up when I was aimlessly poking around for 2027s. I don't really care for sevens anymore so this being a 6 was a bonus. Shipping from Ishibashi was super fast, and customs was something like $125 on a ~$1500 guitar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: HT7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: EX455
    Rig: Helix

Is Purdy.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Piezos . You gonna add any piezo IR's to your setup? I like my 3sigma Audio Martin IR's, may be worth checking out.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Naw. I have a bunch of EBMMs with piezos in them and I never use the things.

Once in a blue moon I'll run both outputs to two different amps and fart around for half an hour, but in general I think they're useless for bedroom superstars like me. I can see them being useful in a live scenario but otherwise I'll take a regular acoustic 10/10 times. I can pick out a piezo tone a mile away and they just never sound good to me.

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Time for some Milton cleans. That is a nice looking guitar.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Naw. I have a bunch of EBMMs with piezos in them and I never use the things.

Once in a blue moon I'll run both outputs to two different amps and fart around for half an hour, but in general I think they're useless for bedroom superstars like me. I can see them being useful in a live scenario but otherwise I'll take a regular acoustic 10/10 times. I can pick out a piezo tone a mile away and they just never sound good to me.
    Fair!

ME: Ibanez PGM100
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: 5150III

Nice! There is just something magical about those years of Ibanez Prestige guitars. Just the feel, the neck. Everything is just awesome.

And the fret sprout is so easy to take care of on your own.

I'm Irish so I've dealt with my fair share of sprout if you know what I mean. This is pretty ridiculous though.

The neck is fuckin' awesome however and you're right - it's just that old comfy Prestige wizard thats super easy to play. I might just have it refretted/plek'd and call it a day, it's a really spiffy fiddle.