NGD: Stoner Depression Edition
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NGD: Stoner Depression Edition

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

NGD: Stoner Depression Edition

Have to sell my extra 5 string bass (the Ibanez SR3-5 EPBM if anyone's looking for a 5 string bass) and my LTD MH-7 to pay for this, but it was so worth it.

Even got to demo it through a Pre-Gibson Mesa Badlander, which sounded amazing, BTW.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Apparently these threads have run out of GAS?

Oh well, no sweat.

After Jonesing for this beauty for days, I finally took a hard look at all my gear and decided I had enough to sell to pay for this one. Went down to the shop yesterday, Capitol Guitars in St. Paul, and one of the 2 owners happened to be there - really cool guy. He worked me a smoking deal and an hour later I was driving home with it. Now I need to find an OHC that fits, as these are longer than standard 7 strings...

Didn't expect I'd be a fan of the Fishman's, but I instantly got a killer tone with it on both the Boss Katana Mini I got the other day and the Mesa Badlander and then my DSL1. And, the push/pull gives it a nice variety of different cool tones.

The only thing off about it was the bridge humbucker was angled back toward the bridge (the bridge coil sat deeper in the body and the neck side of the bridge humbucker sat higher) which I've seen with several of these body mount pickups. Quick easy fix and boom, instant metal machine.

I did chuckle a bit at the Jackson description of it:

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonguitars.com
    With premium features catering to highly-technical playing, multi-dimensional tone and ergonomic design, the brand-new Jackson Pro Series Dinky™ DK Modern Ash HT7 model provides the ultimate high-performance experience for today’s modern players.
    I'm anything but "highly-technical" or a "modern metal" player. :James:

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla

That's a sick looking guitar. Jackson's official pictures make it look like a bag of shit

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I totally missed this thread! Fuck yeah dude, happy NGD! Also, you get to peel the little protective plastic off of the Gotohs! So satisfying...

That thing is going to be a breeze to maintain too. Those hipshot bridges are super easy to intonate, AND it has the easy access truss rod adjustment. Score!

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Gorgeous guitar. Love the blue and black look.

Quote Originally Posted by Blankplank View Post
    That's a sick looking guitar. Jackson's official pictures make it look like a bag of shit
    Yeah, even these pictures don't do it justice. The "Baked Blue" (stoner depression... get it? ha!) has this sort of "electricity coming up through the cracks" thing going on in the right light that's just incredible. It reminds me of the first time I saw the Ride the Lightning album cover and just fell in love with that artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    I totally missed this thread! Fuck yeah dude, happy NGD! Also, you get to peel the little protective plastic off of the Gotohs! So satisfying...

That thing is going to be a breeze to maintain too. Those hipshot bridges are super easy to intonate, AND it has the easy access truss rod adjustment. Score!

Thanks! This is like my 3rd happiest NGD ever (one being when I finally got my first Saber, the 2nd when I got my KM6). Haven't got to a place where I've peeled anything off yet, but will soon. Need to go hunt down a case for it today/tomorrow, then all that will commence.

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    Gorgeous guitar. Love the blue and black look.
    Me too. It just has that "I want to sit and stare at it" effect. Can't wait to get it hung on the wall next to my KM6, Saber and Franken7.

The really crazy thing is, I like it so much I'm considering selling my Saber to buy the 6 string version of this.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

It just looks so easy to play, the bevels, the neck, just says fun to me congrats.

The OP was up since 3 yeasterday and you thought that was too long
    I have the power to make my evil take its course....

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    a Pre-Gibson Mesa Badlander,.
    I love that this is already a thing btw.