Fender 2021 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fender 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    I think you can wire them so that they're essentially humbuckers - although I don't know what the benefit would be compared to just putting a humbucker there where the coils are designed to work well together. I guess you might get better single-coil sounds than from a split humbucker? Can't think of another reason.

Fender now also makes EVH guitars which do basically the same thing as these Squiers and Charvels, the 5150 models:

Seems to me like there's a risk of bran cannibalization here, when they're making essentially the same guitar (just with slightly different headstocks) across several brands.
    These would look so much cooler with Reverse Headstocks.

I would also remove the useless Tone Knob and put the Kill Switch there. Would had left the Pickup Selector on the Kill Switch position like it was before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Robin Medley Special
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Mesa

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    You know what? I actually really dig that I'm a sucker for a specific category of guitars which I have given the snappy label of "guitars that aren't usually associated with a Floyd rose, with a Floyd Rose".
    Don't get me wrong, I really like super Teles too! Thing is, is really shows (to me) how Fender doesn't know how to bring anything new to the table anymore, beside new Strat colors and re-issues number 873. Maybe they should just put out new guitars every 2 years instead of each year? They would have more time to think about what they're doing. I mean, putting a Floyd on a classic-looking Tele and the slanted 2 single-coil bridge humbucker are the highlights for 2021... * sigh *
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club ©

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    Oh hai.

That is pretty tasty.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Don’t forget the $1000 Tele MIM with one fucking P90.
    Yeah i liked the looks of that but it needs binding and a second pickup and and price reduction.

WTF is up with the Squires with the Charvel Fusion Pickup layout? Didn't EVERYONE hate those ?

Its ok tho at least they have a Dhani Harrison Ukulele release
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The 5150 guitars are some of the dumbest looking superstrats I've ever seen. It's like you showed a picture of a superstrat to a 4 year old, and asked them to draw it.

ME: Charvel San Dimas
    MB: Charvel 3b
    Rig: Marshall JVM210H (modded)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    The 5150 guitars are some of the dumbest looking superstrats I've ever seen. It's like you showed a picture of a superstrat to a 4 year old, and asked them to draw it.
    YES! Man, I hate the EVH fanboi fascination with banana headstocks in general. I see so many potentially perfect custom shop hot-rod shreddy strats completely ruined by this dumb, out of place hockey stick for a headstock. They don't even look good on Kramers. Ugh. Either strat or pointy, nothing in between!
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by playstopause View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I really like super Teles too! Thing is, is really shows (to me) how Fender doesn't know how to bring anything new to the table anymore, beside new Strat colors and re-issues number 873. Maybe they should just put out new guitars every 2 years instead of each year? They would have more time to think about what they're doing. I mean, putting a Floyd on a classic-looking Tele and the slanted 2 single-coil bridge humbucker are the highlights for 2021... * sigh *
    But then the Floyded tele is almost $3000 so most people wont buy it anyway

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post
    But then the Floyded tele is almost $3000 so most people wont buy it anyway
    Is it? WTF?

An American tele is like a thousand bucks and is easy to find a good one.