Fender 2021 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fender 2021

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    The 5150 guitars are some of the dumbest looking superstrats I've ever seen. It's like you showed a picture of a superstrat to a 4 year old, and asked them to draw it.
    They look like a Kramer. To the point that I'm surprised that Gibson's highly authentic lawyers aren't busy drafting C&Ds over it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

I thought Gibson owned the Kramer brand now?

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by AdamCook View Post
    I thought Gibson owned the Kramer brand now?
    They do, and I'm assuming that this is FMIC's copycat version of a Pacer Imperial with the 1983 banana headstock.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Is it? WTF?

An American tele is like a thousand bucks and is easy to find a good one.
    Not a new one. They keep creeping up and up. Now, a grand will get you an MIM Tele.

ME: Gibson SG
    Rig: Pedals -> Dark Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Not a new one. They keep creeping up and up. Now, a grand will get you an MIM Tele.
    I'm sure it's part of inflation, but I'm starting to understand how old people feel about gas prices. In Canada MIM Players are $979 now. IIRC the MIM Standards were $779. Still a good guitar for the price (I'm really happy with MIM guitars and would take them over MIC/MII) but it's hard to swallow when you were just looking at a price 20% lower.

I'm excited to see the new '68 Custom amps. The Pro Reverb looks like a cool alternative to a Hot Rod Deluxe, but I'm most excited about the Vibro Champ, and will likely try to buy one some time this year. A 5w 10" combo could still handle most band situations, and should actually be useful as an office amp, too. The only thing missing IMHO is spring reverb, but I don't think a spring tank that small would sound all that good anyway, so I can live with the digital reverb.

Also, regardless of the price, that P90 Tele Jr is fantastic.