Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Your Weapons? (I sure hope they're Axes) (56k = Okay I guess. Maybe.)

436K views 1K replies 305 participants last post by  MLB6583 
#1 · (Edited)
Super year-later-edit! My current arsenal!

Hackjob "Ibanez" Explorer 7 Prestige (Bareknuckle Warpig/Junk pickup)

Agile Hornet 7 (Seymour Duncan Blackouts)

Carvin DC727 (Bareknuckle Warpig, Duncan Jazz 7)

I think either the carvin or the explorer is going to be on the way out soon, though. I don't really need 2 guitars with basically identical specs except for bolt-on/neck-thru.

See less See more
#11 ·
I don't have any pics with me, as I'm at work, but my current harem includes...

Schecter C7 Blackjack
Kramer Striker 7
Schecter V1 Plus
Cort Curbow 5 (bass)
Alvarez acoustic

I have a couple others, but they'll be gone soon enough, and I'm thinking of adding a Jackson DK2M Dinky to the family.

#21 ·
Carvin CT6c - My Main Player.

Best profile ive ever found, for any number of strings. Sounds AMAZING
Traded a mesa rectoverb for her with intent of selling the carvin for more, but once i played her (despite a broken string combined with the floyd) I knew she'd never leave. Stock pickups, and not changing. Amazingly good sounds for stockers, particularly carvin stocks.
Strung with Elixer 10-52s in Eb Standard

My pair of rockers.

I learned most of my technique on a guitar just like this. An RG350dx.

2002 model, with cosmo chrome Gotoh Tuners and a Lo Pro. My brother had one from the same year that he lost due to money. His (and my) favourite guitar he ever owned. Sounds phenominal acoustic, needs new pickups. Most likely an Evo/Fast Track/Super 2. Im about to clean up the enlarged trem route, as well as putting in a swimming pool route under the pick guard
Strung with Elixer 10-52s Tuned Eb standard as a backup to the carvin

My heavy rocker. Ibanez MTM2

This thing holds tune for ages with the fixed double locking setup. My main player until i got the carvin. Downtuned to administer much Soundgarden 4th of July Riffage, along with my own dissonant shit. Equipped with an Evo (soon to get an alnico VIII magnet) in the bridge and a Mo Joe in the neck
Strung with Elixer 10-52s (until i get my custom sets in) Tuned C-F-C-G-B-e

The 7. Dean Vendetta 1.7

Some of the nicest fretwork ive ever seen, on a 250 dollar guitar i got for under 200 new. Sounds AMAZING. My favourite neck profile for a 7 so far, feels just like an extension of the carvins profile. Equipped with a Duncan JB in the bridge, I'm in the process of hotrodding it with a reradius/refret with dunlop 6000 wire, A custom tappable P90 neck, and a recessed roller tom.
Strung with Daddario 10-59s in Bb Standard.

The Bass. Fender MIM Jazz Bass

Totally stock. Used both live and for studio work. Ive had her for years as my neice kept leaving it with me, and she finally gave it to me a few weeks ago. Soon to be upgraded with all hipshot gear.
Strung with Elixer 45-105s in Eb Standard

The whatchamacallit. 1967 Klira Triumphator.

A gag gift from work. Someone brought her in for a refret and never got back in touch in 1990. Been sitting in the shop for 18 years. Frets are glued in, but not leveled/crowned etc. Gonna rip em out and throw in dunlop 6000. The stock pickups are wired to a midi jack stereo (instead of a 1/4" stereo jack) to get replaced, and the fake leather pattern red vinyl is peeling. Back of the headstock is torn up too, need to remove the tuners, fill it in, sand it all down, and refinish the entire neck. Also is missing the entire saddlepiece to the trem
Not strung until i find the rest of the bridge :lol:

#28 ·
Delicious. :yum:

I don't have pics of my custom Agile yet, mainly because it hasn't been ordered, but I'll show it off when I get it. :lol:

#29 ·
Lots of nice instruments here!

From left to right:
BC Rich Bich baritone (30")
Generic all maple V
Ibanez RG7421
Another Ibanez RG7421
Jackson Performer (looks black there, but it's actually a really nice shade of green)
Squier Strat VII
Les Paul copy
Greg Bennett acoustic

#31 ·
I used to have a lot more but have pretty much thinned the herd over the years for a) financial reasons and b) I simply wasn't using them all enough to warrant keeping them (according to the wife anyway :noplease: )

So here's what I have left.....

Ibanez RGS520EX

Ibanez RG3EX1

Spector REX4 bass

The 'old' ones... :(

LTD MHB-400 (sold to thedownside) and a BC Rich Eagle platinum series

Spector REX4, BC Rich NJ series Warlock & Ibanez Musician basses
(I used to play bass in my current band but have since switched back to guitar so I pretty much unloaded all of my bass gear except for the Spector because it was a gift from my wife)