Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Your Weapons? (I sure hope they're Axes) (56k = Okay I guess. Maybe.)

436K views 1K replies 305 participants last post by  MLB6583 
#1 · (Edited)
Super year-later-edit! My current arsenal!

Hackjob "Ibanez" Explorer 7 Prestige (Bareknuckle Warpig/Junk pickup)

Agile Hornet 7 (Seymour Duncan Blackouts)

Carvin DC727 (Bareknuckle Warpig, Duncan Jazz 7)

I think either the carvin or the explorer is going to be on the way out soon, though. I don't really need 2 guitars with basically identical specs except for bolt-on/neck-thru.

See less See more
#1,209 ·
It's a 1988 Duesenberg "The Schmitt". Hand made in West- Germany. As the brand Duesenberg started in the middle of the 80s they begun with "Futuristic Guitars for Heavy Metal". Although they used best Material and innovativ design the two models (I also own the other one) were not very successful. Mahagoni body, American hard rock maple neck, 15 year old ebony as fredboard. Active pickups labled with the D. The trem is a finetuning tremolo and the only place where you can tune the guitar. It's invented especially for these guitars and it can be addionaly operated with the players body from the back side of the guitar while playing the gear.:shred::shred::shred: There is also a so called "Rockinger Blackbox" which keeps the guitar always in tune. The other model I will show also.

#1,211 ·
The Beauty

In the post before I showed the Beast and now I would like to show the Beauty. The older sister 1987 of "The Schmitt" is called (surprise) "Starplayer". In compare to its brother the Lady came with passive Original Bill Lawrence custom Humbucker (made also in Germany). The wood has the same specification as used for "The Schmitt". The hardware is made from extra strong nickel and it looks today as bright as it came yesterday out of the factory. This model is played by the German Heavy Metal guitarist Herman Frank for 30 years and he is still playing it, so I guess it's a good guitar. :metal:

Attachments

#1,216 ·
Yes: Active Duesenberg labled Humbucker from 1988.
I'm Sorry - I really don't know much about all that stuff. It's more accidentally that I have this gear. But I guess it's Heavy Metal! At least the guitars were designed for that and they look like and I thought it's worth to show it. AND Yes they are really "heavy"
By the way: Look at the different size:

Attachments

#1,219 ·
Hi James, (un) fortunately I have to go to work to Brazil the next two weeks. Further on I am new in the forum so I need time to investigate how to open a thread and make all the pictures. Because I bought the Guitar a long time ago but was not able to learn playing (I restarted with acoustics recently) I never recognized that this is possible with that guitars. I only wondered always about the mechanics in the body. Now 27 years later (thanks to google) I found advertisements and other information from 1987 where the feature was described (now I know :idea:). When I am back from work I try to open a thread and provide pictures. Until that I can share the attached screenshot. If this post is not allowed in this thread it can be shifted to another place.

Attachments