Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NGD: Jackson Soloist Archtop Pro

8K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  105 
#1 ·
Ok, it actually arrived on Friday, so freakin' sue me. :)

I sold Kagami my Jackson Falcon, so I could afford this:

It's a 1990 Jackson Soloist Archtop Pro. Kissin' cousin to the 1989 Charvel 750xl that I owned awhile back but stupidly sold. This one, however, has a trem and does a mean Shawn Lane impression. I'm all about the 24.75" shredders these days, and this might be the king of that species. I wish the seller had disclosed the extensive fret wear, but what can you do? These are pretty rare, so you just have to take the good with the bad.

Sorry for the lovely photo. I'm slightly drunk. :drew:

Any questions?

See less See more
#7 ·
The body on the 750xl is the same thickness as a Les Paul. The AT Pro has a thinner body (strat/Soloist thickness), which is the primary difference between the two.

The trem is recessed on these vs. the Charvel 750XL, is that right? If so, Id get along much better with the Jackson version.
No, the trem isn't recessed. That's one of the things I really like about it. It does have a rear cutaway to allow for pulling up, though. Some of the late 750XLs had the cutaway, also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.