Metal Guitarist Forums banner

New Bridge/Saddles/Tuners/Nut for 7421

Tags
2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Harry 
#1 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

What would my options be? I'm thinking about buying a black tusq nut, graphtech stringsaver saddles, hipshot bridge and maybe new tuners too.

Is buying a new bridge and replacing the saddles overkill? I'm leaning towards just replacing the saddles with the graphtechs but if it's not a huge deal and doesn't involve much work I'm open to replacing the bridge too.

In terms of a new nut; is this worth the upgrade? The only thing that irks me about the tusq nut is that it doesn't seem to come in black :(

Finally, with regards to a new set of tuners, what are my options? Anyone know how hard it would be to get them anodized?

Thanks guys!

#2 ·
TUSQ is available in black, but i dunno if the 7 string strat nut is. You might have to have one cut from a blank. a Nice nut coming from plastic is always a great upgrade. To get the tuners anodized, theyd have to be raw aluminum. Your only option there realistically is sperzel.

Also, fuck the string saver saddles. Plunkatone. Theyre definitely an upgrade from super cheap shitty hardware, but the stuff on the 7421s and 7621s was nice enough that i wouldnt bother with those. Elysian seems to have had some replacements made by hipshot that could be quite cool though, iirc

#3 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

You're right about the nut. I found the black Tusq's for 7s on their site. I don't need anodized hardware by the way, just thought it might look cool on the joker themed 7421.

#7 ·
Yesssss, go with this option, seriously.
I got my bridge about 2 and a half months ago now, and it's been one of the best things I did to my RG7421.
Sustain increased, tuning stability is better, and it's just a way nicer looking bridge, well worth the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.