Metal Guitarist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOTM April Fool's 2011 - elq's Roter FF7

12K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  ferret balls 
#1 ·
Congratulations to elq for winning April's Guitar of the Month with his spectacular custom Roter LL7. Here are some high resolution, stunningly detailed cell phone pics of this monster.

Here are the custom specifications of this complete work of art:

• Splinter Wood neck and Padouthefuck fretboard
  • Splitwood body
  • 24 random access frets
  • Unique reverse left-handed design
  • Twin trussrods for rollercoaster twist setup
  • Chrome flake bridge, as in the chrome is flaking off of it
  • Whatever bridge, tuners, and pickups the dude had lying around
  • Three digits too long serial number

Congrats again to elq! :metal:

See less See more
#3 ·
This guitar has been getting a lot of buzz (literally) since day one. It's about time it was recognized in an appropriate manner. Have you notified Roter yet? ;)

I especially like the reverse-angled headstock as well. Remove that retainer and the strings just float over the fretboard. It's like it plays itself!

#9 ·
I nearly choked on my glass of wine when I read the description of this, um, instrument....

I'm currently trying my best to literally polish a turd, otherwise known as MFKitten's fan fret Rotor 8. In all honesty, it is one of the most overly-ambitious, horribly designed and executed excuse for an instrument I've seen in over 25 years working on guitars. The neck is a travesty. I've taken copious pics, and will post a long repair log pic story when I'm done. Last nail for their coffin, you'll see.

Poor Morten...I'm going to make this better than it was, but it will never be a solid instrument.

#12 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Dendroaspis said:
I nearly choked on my glass of wine when I read the description of this, um, instrument....

I'm currently trying my best to literally polish a turd, otherwise known as MFKitten's fan fret Rotor 8. In all honesty, it is one of the most overly-ambitious, horribly designed and executed excuse for an instrument I've seen in over 25 years working on guitars. The neck is a travesty. I've taken copious pics, and will post a long repair log pic story when I'm done. Last nail for their coffin, you'll see.

Poor Morten...I'm going to make this better than it was, but it will never be a solid instrument.
You always get stuck with this stuff huh? First the Halo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.