Metal Guitarist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOTM Jan/Feb 2012 - Nolly's Vik Duality 7

12K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  stealthtastic 
#1 ·

GOTM January/February 2012 - Nolly's Vik Duality 7

Congrats to Nolly for winning the first GOTM of 2012 with his stunning Vik Duality 7 signature model!

The spec list on this is a mile long, but it's worth it!

ViK Duality shape
7/24 frets, 652mm
Black limba with Canadian curly maple top
1-piece old-growth Indian rosewood set-in neck
ViK new reversed "split-design" 7 headstock
Madagascar Ebony fingerboard with compound radius
Curly maple binding around neck
Custom ViK H+H pickups
Gotoh SGS510Z locking tuners with ebony buttons (18:1 gear ratio)
Hipshot 7 fixed bridge
German fretwire
CTS 500K pots (tone pot push/pulls to switch the neck pickup to parallel mode)
3 way toggle switch
Switchcraft long type input jack
Schaller straplocks
Gotoh knobs
Buffalo bone nut
Glowing side dots
Nitro-cellulose satin natural finish

From Nolly himself: "From the first time I picked up my Duality, I knew Vik had created something incredibly special. It has an amazingly addictive combination of beauty and ergonomics, but the true art lies in its sound - never have I heard such an expressive and balanced 7-string guitar. Both clean and under gain the notes jump out with perfect consistency from any string anywhere on the fretboard; it captures and reproduces even the most subtle nuances in your playing. Finally, with ViK's versatile and rich sounding pickups and the unspeakably fast playability, it all adds up to a truly exemplary instrument."

This stunning guitar can be ordered in these exact specs from Vik's website. You may not have Nolly's chops, or his fantastic accent, but you can at least have his guitar!

For more info, specs, and pics galore, check it out on Vik's website here: ViK Guitars - Nolly's Signature Duality 7

See less See more
1 8
#12 ·
That guitar is easily one of the best instruments I have ever played. It's so good it's stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.