Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Fractal MFC101 floorboard

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  7 Dying Trees 
#1 ·
Something like that. Got it with the axe fx 2. Don't are whether i sell it or keep it at the moment. Is mint, comes with manual, guy i bought it off was too technologically backwards to get any use out of it it seems.

300£ plus postage.

#3 ·
:hesright:

Even if you're not going to use it live, having a decent floorboard at your recording desk can be a real treat if you set it up right.

I currently use a spare midi floorboard to control my DAW, which means less time taking my hands of the git.

I have macros set up to stop, play, record, metronome on/off etc. My favorite is my "mulligan" button; when I step on it, it stops the current recording, deletes the take, goes back to start of bar, gives a 2 bar count-in and starts recording again. It helps so much with my flow to not have to take my hands of the git and go through all those steps manually just to redo a take that I flubbed.

#6 ·
If I keep it I am going to have to get something that allows buttons to be pressed with bare feet or socks only...

Plugged it in for the first time after this thread yesterday. it's nice, ultimately it suffers the same problem as the ground control I had, and that is that it just isn't compatible with size 12 (13 for you heathens over the atlantic) feet for live, so would have to be home use only anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.