Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Adjustable Wraparound for a Gibson

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  7deadlysins 
#1 ·
It's a long shot but maybe one of you guys have one hidden away not being used. I just tried a Gotoh 510UB and it didn't work out so well. I know the typical badass style wraparounds sit way too high as well. I'd be interested in something like the Tonepros AVT2G or the Pigtail Wraparound.

#3 ·
I gave a quick search in my basement for one, because I've had parts like these over the years, but i didn't turn up any. He'll, I might have one somewhere but since i moved back to New York two and a half years ago I've yet to fully unpack all my "man" stuff. With my little one that just turned three, I can't disappear in the basement for hours to sort...our do anything else. I'm in dire need of a clean out.

#8 ·
I don’t have one for sale or anything, but I saw a guy who put the Hipshot baby grand on his CM and said it worked well. It did look a little wonky though. I thought about trying it on mine, but the lightning bar has worked fine on mine even in drop C.

#9 ·
Here is a pic of the one I saw with the baby grand I asked the guy about it and he said it worked well, but his English wasn't great and some of what he was saying was lost in translation. It does look like it sits really far back on the studs, but if it works you shouldn't have a string height issue as it's not a wraparound.

#14 ·
Dana is being a stand up guy and sending me his Tonepros AVT! :metal:

I'll leave this here for anyone else trying to find an adjustable bridge to replace their Gibson wraparound. The difference between the AVT2M (for PRS SE), AVT2G (USA Gibson), and AVT2P(USA PRS) is 5/16" vs 8mm... 5/16" is 7.93mm so the 2M should work as long as the stock studs and posts are used. The threads for the posts that come with the Tonepros 2M will most likely not work, but since the bridge has a much lower profile, it should work fine with the original posts and not sit so high like the Gotoh 510UB or any of the badass/quad style wrapraround clones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.