Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Black locking trem of some description

824 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  T Gobbs 
#1 ·
On a super tight budget, restoring my very first guitar which I've just got back off my nephew after about 11 years (totally forgot I gave it to him to learn on!)

FR Specials, Schallers, that kind of thing. Can't afford OFR money, unless you're prepared to practically give it away.

Must be black.

#4 ·
It's actually the threads for the string lock screw that are stripped. I checked and it's only the low e that won't actually tighten. So you'll need a new saddle. Dunno how much of a pita it is to source single ones. It looks like all I have is the trem itself, the arm, and the string retainer and its screws. I was sure I had the nut and posts, but I think they must have gotten thrown out accidentally. I can't find them for the life of me.

I'm very sorry, this ended up being much less helpful than I originally intended. :lol: If you still want what I have, you're still more than welcome to it, though. I'll keep looking for the rest of the parts, but I'm not too optimistic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.