Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Any cool Fender/Dimarzio/Duncan/Whatever neck single coils? (UK Preferably)

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Cobra Commander 
#1 ·
Wanna try going full-blown single coil (as opposed to stacked humbucker) as I really love the contrast, and more or less always split my neck pickup whenever I'm on it anyway :shrug:

JB/Aldrich/Distortion (whichever I'm in the mood for at the time, I seem to be cycling these at the moment :lol: ) in the bridge so can't be massively vintage output.

I've really enjoyed the Dimarzio Area 61 in the past, so something along those lines. Can be hum-cancelling, don't care about being "true" single coil or any of that shit.

#2 ·
Oh god, I've got a stack, lol. The 61 I have (along with the 69) are currently wired up in a SSH pickguard, but let me check my parts box tonight.

#6 ·
I don't, but I have a set of Suhr V60LPs about to go into my ash/rosewoood strat in place of the Suhr V60s currently in there, and after that I may have a spare set, depending on how it goes. :lol:

But if you can get your hands on a Suhr ML Standard, they are absolutely fantastic.

#10 ·
Still willing to try some whilst I'm waiting for the right stuff to come up second hand. I just feel like the right one is lurking out there somewhere. Plus they're cheaper than humbuckers and an easy turnaround if I don't like it (due to the sheer number of strat players out there)

Edit: fuck it. This is just out of impatience because I wanna get my guitar set back up again. Gotta keep my eye on the prize. I want a Duncan Hot Rails, they just never come up second hand and I'm such a tightwad I hate buying pickups new :lol:

#13 ·
What are you looking for? Full set or individual pickup?

Off the top of my head, in my parts box I have...

Fender Texas Specials (set)
Fender Hot 50s (set)
Fender Eric Johnson (set)
Suhr V60 (set)

...as well as maybe a few more. I think I have a pair of Fast Track 2s, but I'd have to look. Most are white, but I have a couple black covers too I think, and those are easy to swap. I'll try to remember to take a full assessment tonight. I have an Area 61 and 67 wired into a pickguard at the moment, but I could probably be talked into taking them out as an excuse to try some other noise-cancelling single in their place.

And yes, I'm aware I have a singlecoil-trying problem. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.