Metal Guitarist Forums banner

DiMarzio Crap, er, Crunch Lab 7 - Greatest Pickup In All The Land

FS 
5K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Iron1 
#1 ·
Do you live for icepick tone? Is the first Immortal album your definition of bold, strident, treble-focused glory? Do your bandmates constantly say things to you like:

- Are you sure the treble and presence are all the way up?
- If we remove the midrange knob, will that take it out even more?
- My ears are only bleeding a little bit, maybe if we boost it...

Do you really just hate good sounding pickups and want to reach the top of Shitty Tone Mountain in style? Then friends, look no more! For I have JUST the thing to take your tone to *never before reached levels of thin and brittle goodness!

BEHOLD THE DIMARZIO CRUNCH LAB 7

This came in my USA Made™ John Petrucci™ Music Man™ guitar, so it obviously goes without saying that this pickup will make everything you play sound exactly like Awake. There's no way that a man who has this not-at-all-ridiculous-looking beard would ever use anything but the best and you know it.

This sweet piece of Americana surely won't last, because I'm offering it up at an **MG-only price of just $40 shipped! That's right! For a mere forty dollars you can turn ***any guitar that you own into something worth of every church-burning in Finland.

*unless you already own one
** i'm putting it on ebay too
*** as long as it fits seven string pickups, or you are rocka

Step right up and get yourself a sweet fucking CrapLab, and may all your djent miming dreams come true. This totally DOES djent! In fact that's all it does, because if you play djent then you deserve this pickup. It's like a match made in product-schilling, instagram filtering, step editing shit you can't actually play because you spend all your time youtubing instead of practicing heaven!

I'll even throw in this pre-Photoshopped edit free of charge. Tell your followers that this is what it looks like in person. You'll never meet them anyway so they'll never know. Hell, tell them this is your guitar too, I don't care!

This amazing deal is sure not to last, so hurry up and hit that reply button to make this piece of shit pickup all yours!

Q&A:

Q: Will this pickup fit in my (insert guitar here)?
A: Fuck you.

Q: How does it sound in (insert tonewood here)?

Q: How much lead is on it?
A: Fuck you, it's still in the guitar. Probably 6 inches, but I'll take it when the replacement arrives.
A: PS: Fuck you.

Q: Will you ship it to non-CONUS?

Q: Want to trade it for (insert item here)?

Q: Hey it's me Zepp...

See less See more
#17 ·
:scratch: Hmmmm... sounds intriguing but something about the sales pitch isn't quite winning me over... :scratch:

#22 ·
Are you taking trades at this time?

I would be willing to offer two sets of used bass strings and 1/4th of a pound of random hardware from my useless hardware box.

But you would have to add cash and ship to Portugal.

Also, I'm only looking for one with square tabs, so make that happen. The customer is always right.

#24 ·
Are you taking trades at this time?

I would be willing to offer two sets of used bass strings and 1/4th of a pound of random hardware from my useless hardware box.

But you would have to add cash and ship to Portugal.

Also, I'm only looking for one with square tabs, so make that happen. The customer is always right.
I have a dremel. You paypal me 40 bones and I'll cut this thing into any shape you want.

#25 ·
Chris's draconian selling policies
I understand why Chris wouldn't want to ship outside the CONUS, paperwork aside.

Fun fact, every time you sell a really shitty pickup some dude from a small foreign country will just come in and low ball the fuck out of you, and when you are like, "Dude, you can't just go around low balling people like that" he'll say, "Haggling is part of our culture".

You can get a better price on anything if you say, "Haggling is part of our culture". Because then it's not a case of you low balling them, it's a case of the seller being racist.

And you can't haggle back, because that would be cultural appropriation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.