Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Charvel 475 Deluxe neck as a project (for $25)

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  WERNER 1 
#1 ·
Hey so this is a neck from an early 90's Charvel 475 Deluxe Exotic that I bought sight-unseen from GC for what I thought was a really good price. It turned out that the neck has, shall we say, "Significant" fret wear. I ended up getting that BC Rich neck from Adam a few years ago and fitted that to the body.

The neck is missing its 22nd fret, and the frets are extremely worn all the way down the entire fretboard. My assumption is that an owner used stainless steel strings with these nickel steel frets and liked to play hard. If you play softly and don't bend at all this will literally not affect you one bit, but it likely will need a full refret. I have never refretted a guitar, and don't plan on trying a bound neck as my first attempt. The rest of the neck is in fantastic shape for being 25 years old. There's no clearcoat wear or dings on any part of the neck, though the binding has yellowed a tiny bit all the way around, and there's some glue on the binding near the heel (No idea why it's there, maybe the owner attempted to glue the fret back in at some point?) I do not have any tuners, but I may have a locking nut that will fit (The original may be somewhere on my bench.)

The neck has been sitting around my shop gathering dust and I want it gone, but I didn't feel right just trashing it because I didn't feel like doing a full refret and had no body to put it on, so for $25 shipped it can be yours within the continental united states. Or, if you drive to my place near Philadelphia you can just have it for free.

I will also trade it for a passive HSH pickup set of any kind or colors that's not cheapo black stock pickups, with me paying shipping both ways.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.