Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Ceramic Pegasus - wow!

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Emperoff 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine took his Pegasus and swapped the magnet with a ceramic, then ended up getting a Titan a few days later in a guitar flipping deal. So, he swapped the Titan and the Pegasus in his KM7 and let me borrow the Pegasus . the pickup had great character and definition before, but now it's just downright mean. And, best of all it compliments my Nazgul really well, which is something I've been trying to find for awhile.

It tightened up the low end, gave the mids a nice grind akin to the Invader (but more refined) and the highs sound like lightning.

If you get the chance to try one of these I highly recommend it. Now to make the "borrow" a "sold". :lol:

#2 ·
Isn’t the Pegasus the (originally 7str) pickup wound like an old JB? If so, swapping to a ceramic means you’ve got an old Distortion.

#3 ·
Isn't the Pegasus the (originally 7str) pickup wound like an old JB? If so, swapping to a ceramic means you've got an old Distortion.
Never heard that, but could be. Doesn't sound like the Distortion I had a few years ago, though, but I bought it new in like 2014, so not sure that is a "new" or "old" Distortion.

#6 ·
Didn't see what forum this was in, thought it was in general music about a shitty new Scale the Summit wanky Jam Band called "Ceramic Pegasus".

Now I'm just disappointed.

That is some Grateful Dead level shit. They were named after a story in which Jerry Garcia had a particularly bad acid trip and became infatuated with his Grandmother's cheap sculpture of a mythical beast.

That's a great title for a ~20 minute track. The band Ceramic Pegasus playing the title track of their album Ceramic Pegasus which is 17 minutes and takes up the entire side B of their debut?

They don't make music like that anymore.

#10 ·
Putting a ceramic magnet into a Pegasus turns it into the Omega, actually. You know, Seymour Duncan standard procedure :lol:

Although I thought that the strong point of the Pegasus is that is an alnico pickup capable of retaining clarity and definition at lower tunings. So turning it into a ceramic just makes it undistinct from other ceramic pickups that can do that.

BTW, I agree with Drew. I have both sets myself and the Pegasus/Sentient sound very modern, not at all like a Jazz/JB set. The Pegasus has less upper mids and more presence (has a nice sizzle to it). It's more "balanced". A very neutral sounding pickup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.