What to do, what to do...? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What to do, what to do...?

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

You guys are trying to sell me on something I've never even seen a need for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    You guys are trying to sell me on something I've never even seen a need for.

New-to-me guitar, unless the frets are already perfect, absolutely.

Guitar that I don't play often - if I have time I'll do it every couple times I change the strings, which with Elixirs is every year or two.

Guitar I play all the time - routine stringwear is usually enough to keep the frets clean. Every few years I'll do a deep clean like this of rosewood boards though, because grime does accumulate, be it dust, fret material, whatever.,
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

New-to-me guitar, unless the frets are already perfect, absolutely.

Guitar that I don't play often - if I have time I'll do it every couple times I change the strings, which with Elixirs is every year or two.

Guitar I play all the time - routine stringwear is usually enough to keep the frets clean. Every few years I'll do a deep clean like this of rosewood boards though, because grime does accumulate, be it dust, fret material, whatever.,
    Hm. The longest I've ever owned a single guitar was 14 years (for my RG1527 that I bought in 2005 and sold in 2019), and I never really felt like the frets were dirty (after I'd cleaned them, I mean). So it might not necessarily be that my frets were 100% perfectly clean but more that it's something other people notice that I've never actually noticed myself. (And technically there's a guitar I bought 20 years ago that is at my brother's house, but that doesn't count since I left it at my parents' place the last time I lived in Japan and left it in Michigan when I moved back to the States).

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge