Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NPickupsD: Trying out something different.

Tags
npickupsd
3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Toshiro 
#1 ·
Lately I've been on a bit of a pickup swapping kick. A year ago everything I had was Dimarzio, but their newer models just don't interest me.

Stumbled upon Pariah Pickups from some online reviews, and decided to give them a try. I ordered a white "Blackheart" model for my RG565, and it was great. Tons of harmonics, little lean on the bass, but tight. Sorta JB-like, in the same way a Suhr Aldrich is; but instead of smooth, it's more scream.

I liked that pickups enough to order a set of their pickups for my Xiphos. I picked their "Warface" set with black covers. The white pickups I had in the guitar were starting to age while the body is not, and it clashed a bit. :lol:

On to the pictures:
Pariah Warface by SR, on Flickr

I'm gonna call this an improvement over the Dominion/Liquifire I had in here. The bridge is still as punchy and tight as the Dom was; but feels a bit less immediate, more forgiving. The neck pickup is easily on par with the Liquifire, maybe a tough darker.

No vids because my kid is home from school today. :lol:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.