Too Many Pickup Options - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 104

Thread: Too Many Pickup Options

  1. #17


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Tokyo
    ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

    iTrader: 0

    I think you'll find most people on this site will disagree with you.

    If anything, there aren't ENOUGH pickup options. And I say that as someone who absolutely loves his pickups: the Fishman Fluence Modern Humbuckers.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #18


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Woodbridge, VA
    ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

    iTrader: 10 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by zepp View Post
    I've noticed the same thing about DiMarzios and is why I am looking for something new. There's a lot of Aldrich love on here... Is there a 7 string version of that?
    The Suhr "Hot 7" is a 7 string Aldrich, supposedly.

  4. #19


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Boston, MA
    ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

    iTrader: 34 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The Suhr "Hot 7" is a 7 string Aldrich, supposedly.
    I didn't like that in my seven string Suhr. I think I ended up selling it to Crooks.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #20


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Woodbridge, VA
    ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

    iTrader: 10 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I didn't like that in my seven string Suhr. I think I ended up selling it to Crooks.
    I have a zebra set sitting around for a future project. I had one in the green swirl Soloist for a while, and it was too dark for that guitar.

  7. #21


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Woodbridge, VA
    ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have a zebra set sitting around for a future project. I had one in the green swirl Soloist for a while, and it was too dark for that guitar.
    No way it's a 7st Aldrich then, since that pickup is briiiiiiight.
    Noodles

    So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

  8. #22


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Boston, MA
    ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

    iTrader: 34 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    No way it's a 7st Aldrich then, since that pickup is briiiiiiight.
    [canofworms]
    The right guitar can counteract that a bit. My mahogany Carvin has Aftermaths in it, which are super bright in everything else but sound fantastic in that one.

  9. #23


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Woodbridge, VA
    ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

    iTrader: 10 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    No way it's a 7st Aldrich then, since that pickup is briiiiiiight.
    That guitar was DARRRRK.

  10. #24


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Kitchen/Laundry Room
    ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    [canofworms]
    The right guitar can counteract that a bit. My mahogany Carvin has Aftermaths in it, which are super bright in everything else but sound fantastic in that one.
    Chris has a Kiesel with Bareknuckles in it. Djent Patient Zero confirmed.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge