What's your PPH? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your PPH?

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Drop me in the "by ear" bucket. After a fresh install, they go up to about 3/16" then start lowering until they go dull, then back up again until I'm happy. Then, they typically stay put. I rarely go back and adjust them, unless I'm finding the tone to be a little too-much or too-little.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez S970CW
    Rig: 6505+ Head and Cab

You motherfuckers and your "16ths of inches"
    "I'm really not going to change to something else just because SSD4 fucks with my ass right now."

- Rocka_Rollas

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    Ya know, I went about most things in life with that very mentality for a long time and then a couple years ago I decided that I was going to dive heard first into the unknown and the more fear I had about this, the bigger of a reason it was for me to confront it. I have to say, itís worked out quite well. Itís entirely changed the way I approach life and I gained a confidence and fearlessness that I had no clue I was capable of.

We've lived opposite lives. I started out diving head first into whatever (including concrete once...) and figuring it out... then after breaking all sorts of things (items and bones) and taking more than my share of trips to the ER, I learned caution. and now I weigh my risk/reward before I dive in. That being said, if I had an adjustable cheapo pup, I'd experiment all day, but I don't want to screw up one of my custom made Elysians or my Imperiums...
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ô - Iím not just a member, Iím the President.
    Donít expect much, itís not like Iím a rocket surgeon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by RGhoarder View Post
    You motherfuckers and your "16ths of inches"

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

By ear when I do it. Gotta revisit my singlectut neck pickup height, thing is bassy as all hell.

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

My bridge pickup is so high up it pushes the strings out of the saddles. The higher the pickup, the higher the gain, the higher the heavy.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    My bridge pickup is so high up it pushes the strings out of the saddles. The higher the pickup, the higher the gain, the higher the heavy.
    I had that problem too, where when I played around the 24th fret, the string would hit the bridge pickup. It'd still ring out, but the pickup would make a snapping sound. After about a week of that, I lowered the pickup just a little so the string wouldn't hit the bridge pickup when playing around the 19th to 24th frets (mainly on the high E and B strings).