Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seymour Duncan Pegasus-7

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I assume you meant wouldn't

It's not what I would call sterile, but it's definitely dry unless you overdrive to a certain point. It's odd though, the point at which it starts to slur happens very rapidly. It's never a breed or something obviously, but it goes from dry to "wet" very suddenly. I find cranking up the treble side of the pickup is a good balance.
    That was a little unclear, but I was saying, yes, I would likely agree with the statement Mike made.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I like it a hell of a lot better than the annoying honk of the JB7. It’s the brand new V30 of pickups.
    Whoa did I miss the memo? We're hating on JBs and vintage 30s now?

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Whoa did I miss the memo? We're hating on JBs and vintage 30s now?
    We've always hated on the JB7 - it's too hot compared with the six-string version. Dave and I always hated on V30s - although we grudgingly admit they sound good in the mix with Rectos - but NO ONE likes brand new V30s. You have to break them in.

Besides, this is MG, where we used to hate on modelers and now everyone uses one. The only rule we have is something must be hated.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I personally only like them in dark guitars.
    Except the one in my '88 Dinky sounds great, and that guitar is hardly dark, although it does have the 500K/250K V/T pairing in it because of the singles.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Ultimately, what would be great is if Wolfe starting offering a stock 7-string Timbre Wolf.

I gotta say, though, that the Pegasus is fantastic on the low B. It sounds like a guitar string should, not like a bass string going through a guitar rig. The main thing with it overall is that it has less compression than any pickup I can remember playing. It gives back exactly what you play--for good and bad. On the plus side, you can crank the master or the level of your drive pedal higher than with something like a JB or Timbre Wolf.

I'm not 100% sold on it, but I'm still going to wait until I have a chance to properly record and mix it--and my next 7-string song in line for development is a little ways off.

I put the Suhrs in the DR7. I think you'll like them better than the Pegasus/Sentient. I do.

Also, Wolfe will make you a TW7. Just hit him up on FB - I think he has all the parts now.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I put the Suhrs in the DR7. I think you'll like them better than the Pegasus/Sentient. I do.

Also, Wolfe will make you a TW7. Just hit him up on FB - I think he has all the parts now.
    Thanks.

Just what I need, more excuses to spend money on pickups...

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    Thanks.

Just what I need, more excuses to spend money on pickups...
    Like you need an excuse...

I'm actually making a comparison clip for you, since I have a Wolfe in the SLS7. I might even finish it before I leave on vacation on Saturday!