Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NPD: Legendary Pickups Kronus 7 set

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Blankplank 
#1 ·
These arrived a few weeks back, but only just got the guitar back from MDV, as I didn't trust myself to route without fucking something up...
I'll have some clips up over the next few days, before I do a video demo. Overall sound reminds me a LOT of an EMG 707, but with a little more crunch and snarl in the high-mids/treble. Also sounds absolutely stellar split. I should be getting some more of Jason's pickups in to demo also, including working on something incredibly different :scream2:

Anyways, she looks stealth as fuck now...

UPDATE: Video. Watch it. Don't watch it. Whatever.

See less See more
1 2
#5 ·
I'm a sucker for all black, but I might end up putting some little accents here and there on this. We'll see... This is gonna end up as my test bed guitar I think so who knows what colour pickups will arrive next :idea:

Sweet. Post up some clips.
Clips will happen!

Nice! :metal:

How does that Solar play?
On the whole pretty damn well. I'm gonna replace the nut with an Earvana and stick some locking tuners on in the next few months. I was debating swapping out the bridge for an OG Hipshot, but at the moment, I don't see any reason to. I might swap the tone pot with an arcade button style killswitch though seen as the tone pot got snipped in the first 5 minutes of owning the guitar. The neck is like a perfect cross between a Wizard neck, and the neck on an SC-607B.

#10 ·
I haven't done any tweaking to patches or anything yet, but so far I love 'em. They both share the same qualities I loved about the Blackbird, but the chugs are a little fuller, and overall the pickup is a little smoother. It should sit better in a mix if my ears aren't lying to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.