2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Custom 6
    MA: Walden Cutaway
    MB: Ibanez SB1200
    Rig: Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by DonBot View Post
    I agree that it would be better if it were a laminate. I know that bigger 1 piece necks are more prone to warping.
    Its not the width of the piece but how the grain goes along the entire length of the shaft.

Personally, I'd take the old fretboard off, fix the twist on the neck shaft and put a new fretboard on. Its not so bad, you have to be patient though.

ME: Ibanez PGM100
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: 5150III

Quote Originally Posted by fproject.music View Post
    Its not the width of the piece but how the grain goes along the entire length of the shaft.

Personally, I'd take the old fretboard off, fix the twist on the neck shaft and put a new fretboard on. Its not so bad, you have to be patient though.
    Yeah, I think I am going the board route. I've pulled them before. Its just been a long time since I have.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Got a hold of that RJW repair guy. Interesting story on the N4/N7 guitars.
    Basically mine is a "2nd generation". So basically no involvement with either he or Steve. And Washburn fucked these up. Wrong truss rods and stuff like that. He suggested pulling the board. Says these come off pretty easy and has done a bunch for the same reason. Going to meet up with him soon and go from there. Pretty cool that turns one of the guys responsible for these guitars is litterally just down the road from me.
    Cool!

ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

This bums me out as mine is so damn good. It’s mainly a case queen at this point, but every time I take it out no matter how long it’s been it’s still setup perfect. Although I don’t use real low action personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    This bums me out as mine is so damn good. It’s mainly a case queen at this point, but every time I take it out no matter how long it’s been it’s still setup perfect. Although I don’t use real low action personally.
    It's all good. Yours is probably a gen. 1. Apparently Each Nuno that came off the line was sent out here for RJW and Steve Davies to personally inspect and give the thumbs up before Washburn sold them. Mine, the gen 2, was just all Washburn.
    He said an easy way to tell which generation is that on the headstock, there is like 1mm of extra space between, I think, the tuners for the A and D string. I can't remember if it was those two and it seems like a minuscule amount but I instantly saw it on mine. Really obvious without measuring.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Got a hold of that RJW repair guy. Interesting story on the N4/N7 guitars.
    Basically mine is a "2nd generation". So basically no involvement with either he or Steve. And Washburn fucked these up. Wrong truss rods and stuff like that. He suggested pulling the board. Says these come off pretty easy and has done a bunch for the same reason. Going to meet up with him soon and go from there. Pretty cool that turns one of the guys responsible for these guitars is litterally just down the road from me.
    Wow! This thread is way better than GOT

It's like, game of guitar setups

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Wow! This thread is way better than GOT

It's like, game of guitar setups