ME: LTD EC 1000
    Rig: EVH 5150 III EL34 50watt

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    .... free up some wall space. ~36"x18" should be doable.
    If you are going the drilling route and you are hammering down on it or putting a lot of weight on it or whatever you are probably better off mounting it mostly to the ceiling though, come to think of it. Probably with something like garage storage brackets and then putting them near a corner and running boards mounted to them down along the walls so it's an L shaped sorta thing,

This sort of thing.

It shouldn't be an issue mounting to a wall with heavy duty hardware and chunky bolts. But it would be sturdier to have whatever forces you are exerting on your workbench thing mainly be in a vertical direction by the time they get to whatever you are mounting it to.

I'm assuming you aren't putting a ton of weight on it, and aren't planning on raining down heavy thor like hammer blows when fretting. But if it's mainly mounted to a wall even brisk/light taps might transferred along the wall and make a ton of noise for everyone else around or rattle other things hanging from the wall.

If you are doing it at the wall you could run the risk of it shearing off if you don't end up wanting to use heavy duty machine bolts. You can also affix it to the wall with auxiliary screws for extra stability if you are doing the L shaped thing, but I would do the main bolts in the ceiling.

Should be pretty simple though. You need the wood for L shaped thing, some heavy duty L brackets, some heavy duty foldable L brackets for the hinged parts and bolts and screws and you are set. The amount of problems you can solve by always having L brackets on hand is staggering really.

ME: '87 Duesenberg
    Rig: MP-2 + TSR-24S + Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    My office at work. I've got a full shop in my basement and benches for setting up guitars on the other two floors

I've got an amp and a couple guitars at work, but the room is 10'x10', and running out of space for doing actual work stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    Maybe this bench??

Then where am I supposed to sleep?
    ..but you're not, that's the whole point with that.. bench..
    Know Thy Self. Know Thy Law. Do What Thou Wilt.
    But it's buggy! - It's software, dummy, it's a feature..

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: n/a
    Rig: n/a

Bought my wife one of these for her birthday. She wanted a fold-up paint table. Not sure what it would be in your area, but in mine it was on clearance for $114.

https://www.michaels.com/up2u-sit-st.../10583800.html

Last edited by Assault Bacon; 03-10-2020 at 06:54 PM.
    Words I didn't say hurt my feelers... but this is my safe space.

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

What, are you too good to just use your lap? Back in my day we didn't even have workbenches, now we want ones we can fold up and put away. Must be fuckin' nice.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    What, are you too good to just use your lap? Back in my day we didn't even have workbenches, now we want ones we can fold up and put away. Must be fuckin' nice.
    What? Back in the day all they had was workbenches dude. That's the main problem a lot of older people have with modern millenial masculinity, dudes don't have workbenches any more. My Grandpa was always on the, "You're not a real man if you don't have a heavy duty workbench you built yourself to fix things. The only reason I was able to comfortably retire is because I did as many things at my own workbench as possible." kick.

That was his #1 life advice, "The first thing I learned coming to America as an immigrant is that the greatest thing about America is that you can solve any problem instantaneously, as if by magic, as long as you have the money to pay for it. The second thing I learned is you are going to run out of money if you solve every problem like that. That's why every real man has a workbench, so he can fix as many of his own problems as possible."

It's actually funny, because although there is a lot of high end studio furniture and audio centric furniture you can buy out there, most of the studio owners out there, even the ultra high end ones, build their own shit whenever possible. Not because the furniture you can buy isn't good enough, but because if you buy heavy duty furniture that is going to hold up you better have a lot of money to spend.

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Only fools buy premade acoustic treatment. It's infinitely cheaper to just make your own, even if it requires a lot of work and will come out looking pretty ugly.

ME: Ibanez S540LTD
    MA: Taylor Big Baby
    Rig: Laney GH50L

R.I.P. Guitars Etc
    RHLC Chief Promotions Officer