Fold up workbench? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fold up workbench?

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    Only fools buy premade acoustic treatment. It's infinitely cheaper to just make your own, even if it requires a lot of work and will come out looking pretty ugly.
    Acoustic treatment isn't "studio furniture". Furniture is like, enclosures and racks and desks and shit.

You can make your own diffusers though. Those are usually wood. I have some unfinished ones sitting around. Definitely cheaper to make than buy.

They are like, the easiest things ever too. You just affix a bunch of pieces of wood of varying lengths to a board.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Well, yeah, that too. Studio dudes in my experience make everything they can get away with. I've met some guys who'd rather commit suicide than buy a mic cable. I get it though, after spending hundreds of thousands on your mixing board, outboard, plugins, treatment, the last thing they want to do is spend twice as much as it would cost to solder an XLR to a piece of cable.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    What? Back in the day all they had was workbenches dude. That's the main problem a lot of older people have with modern millenial masculinity, dudes don't have workbenches any more. My Grandpa was always on the, "You're not a real man if you don't have a heavy duty workbench you built yourself to fix things. The only reason I was able to comfortably retire is because I did as many things at my own workbench as possible." kick.
    Your grandpa knows what's up. I built myself this:

https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...-a-work-bench/

And then I added on all sorts of badass shit to it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Your grandpa knows what's up. I built myself this:

https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...-a-work-bench/

And then I added on all sorts of badass shit to it.
    Yeah, you should spare no expense making yourself a badass workbench, because it pays for itself really quickly.

You should also make it as hefty as possible just so you can mount 2-3 serious vices on it.

The amount of headaches you will save yourself by having a serious vice just to hold things still is incredible.

Although being a vice enthusiast is hard, because you can't just go around telling people, "I just picked up a serious vice this weekend."

Because they will respond "You mean like..........gambling?"

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

When someone says they're a vice enthusiast, I assume that means the like hipster news and watching Action Bronson smoke pot for 8 hours on green screen.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Yeah, you should spare no expense making yourself a badass workbench, because it pays for itself really quickly.

You should also make it as hefty as possible just so you can mount 2-3 serious vices on it.

The amount of headaches you will save yourself by having a serious vice just to hold things still is incredible.
    I'll post pics when it's not such a shameful mess but the workbench I have at home is built out of an old stone cutting bench made out of 4in cast iron pipe from the 1900's. It's comically heavy.

I've gotta up my vice game though. No wood vices (minus one in a small rolling bench) and the only metal vice I have is a Harbor Freight cheap cast thing that I've broken a number of times and welded back together. Good vices are $$$

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

I have two vices on it.