Fold up workbench?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fold up workbench?

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Fold up workbench?

Long story but basically looking to have a bench in my office to do some minor work (setups, some wiring, occasionally minor fret work). I absolutely have NO floor space for something permanent, so I'm looking for something I can unfold and tear down pretty easily.

Ideally something like an ironing board, but the fretwork thing would mean occasion hammering in it, which I don't think it could take without bending. Another option would be something like a folding table but would have to be pretty narrow and short, whereas most folding tables are like 2ft x 6ft.

Any ideas? I could DIY something if it's got the right basic base. It's important enough I could spring for something purpose built within reason.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Wall mount table. Provided drilling into the walls isn't a problem.

You can give it deployable fold up legs, or use heavy duty chains/wire whatever to support the corners or just spring for some heavy duty hardware and the hammering thing shouldn't be a problem.

That would be cheap too. Folding brackets of the heavy duty variety wouldn't run more than $50.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Just Amazon search "folding brackets" or "folding shelf brackets".

You can get rubber grommets and stuff if you are worried about the noises/vibrations of hammering annoying other people in the building.

The only issues would be the noises of hammer shaking walls and mounting something to a wall. If you can get around that you are golden.

If you absolutely can't drill into a wall you can also just make a heavy duty easel type thing with trusses at the bottom like heavy duty easels. Push it against a wall. The trusses will take space, but it's better than having a freestanding table.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

What the fuck do you think this is, The Jetsons? Devote an entire room of your house to it like a man.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Maybe this bench??

Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Great suggestions Greg. I'll try to spy where I can free up some wall space. ~36"x18" should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What the fuck do you think this is, The Jetsons? Devote an entire room of your house to it like a man.
    My office at work. I've got a full shop in my basement and benches for setting up guitars on the other two floors

I've got an amp and a couple guitars at work, but the room is 10'x10', and running out of space for doing actual work stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    Maybe this bench??

Then where am I supposed to sleep?

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What the fuck do you think this is, The Jetsons?

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

What's wrong with the floor or knees? Thats where I do my maintence and setup