Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Which Gotoh locking tuners are drop-ins to replace these?

6K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  105 
#1 ·
Title says it all - which would be a direct replacement here?

Ideally I'd like to stick with the same color, but if not I'm hoping I can use the stock tuning heads on the new bodies.

See less See more
#18 ·
They were shipping pretty quick a few weeks ago. I had sent them an email regarding tuners and they got right back to me as well.

I ended up getting the Gotoh SG381 MGT's for the Explorer I'm blacking out and just installed them tonight - freaking sweet ass tuners.

#20 ·
Schaller Sure claw that guitar as well. Crooks has at least one. Don't know if he's installed it yet. I have them on my trem guitars. A couple other people here have them.

Sick upgrade. It's high mass. And instead of the primitive "screwing directly into wood" tension adjustment is has a worm drive.

You have to drill two holes, but it's the same kind of install deal as a trem stop. Pretty minimally invasive.

#25 ·
Allparts is always steep, they do list price.

Don't pay that. $35 to $50 is fair. I wasn't going to buy more, but occasionally you'll see guys have them for $35. The availability is obviously all over the place. It's out of stock now, but currently Amazon is showing a lot of non essential goods like that.

Gear Guerilla was the place I got the most recent one on Amazon from, through Amazon. They have reverb shop and shit too, so you can just ask them if they still have any or are getting ore. https://reverb.com/shop/gear-guerilla?page=1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.